How do you feel about being fingerprinted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • isius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I couldn't find any other posts on this. I'd like to know your thoughts on being fingerprinted to acquire a LTCH.

I'm not too keen on the idea that i'll be in a database most likely forever.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I couldn't find any other posts on this. I'd like to know your thoughts on being fingerprinted to acquire a LTCH.

I'm not too keen on the idea that i'll be in a database most likely forever.

You're in a database anyway since you have a drivers license, bills, etc...:dunno:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    As I work in the nuclear industry, my security information is on permanent record, LTCH or not.

It's not a bad thing. Just a way to separate the good guys from the bad guys. Just stay on the right side of the fence and you're fine.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    As I work in the nuclear industry, my security information is on permanent record, LTCH or not.

It's not a bad thing. Just a way to separate the good guys from the bad guys. Just stay on the right side of the fence and you're fine.

At least until the Fence's owner decides to move the location of said fence. :twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not so much being finger printed I don't like, as it is being part of a set of hoops through which I must jump just to earn a defense to the crime of carrying a hand-gun in the state of Indiana.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Not so much against the fingerprinting itself, but hate the fact that I have to get them done for everything. If your fingerprints don't change (its what they say anyways) throughout your life then why the hell do I have to get my fingerprints done for a military security clearance, random fingerprinting for Uncle Sam, the owi I had last year, and the LTCH, and then any NFA stuff I decide to do in the future? Not cool.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've been figerprinted, poked and prodded by so many federal, state and local agencies over the last 38 years, one more time aint gonna hurt.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I have a hazmat CDL, finger printing is part of my living. I have also been fingerprinted for the last 20yrs. for a carry permit. Why would you have a problem with it :dunno: it's the best way to prove your identity.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    The FBI did a background check and took my fingerprints about 30 years ago when I entered an officer commissioning program for the military. I'm already IN the system. Getting my prints taken for a LTCH won't be happening anymore since I have a lifetime now.

Luckily, I got out before mandatory DNA sampling got underway......

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I think it's pointless.

I have a hard time believing they run your prints before giving you the LTCH... so they just want them on file to match you with some future crime which is just very unlikely to happen.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I sawed one of my finger prints off a few years ago, so they can change. Used to be it was only the right hand for a LTCH *surprise*, I fire left handed. Now it's both, though.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I sawed one of my finger prints off a few years ago, so they can change. Used to be it was only the right hand for a LTCH *surprise*, I fire left handed. Now it's both, though.

See what a trouble you caused for all of us.

Top Bottom