How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Dude Chill. you are preaching to the choir. But I'm being pragmatic. your base is energized. the other side is against you. So what WE ALL need to do now is win the people in the middle. Show them that we aren't the loonies that we are made out to be. But we can't do that by painting this as a invite only party for those on the far right side of the aisle. And sorry to say, But when you step back and objectively look or talk to those who are undecided/uninformed on the issue thats what these TEA parties look like.

how bout you quit shooting the guy who is looking at the other teams playbook for telling you that they've got you beat. The Angle on these protests need a SERIOUS reevaluation or all you are gonna be doing is marching in the rain while for nothing more than hearing the sound of your own voices while everyone on the fence is laughing at the late night talk shows insulting you.

Im not saying don't protest. I'm saying that we in all honesty need to think about our tactics and image.

You sure don't sound like part of the choir. You said the movement was ridiculous, that the rallies were full of loonies and racists. You claim that our rallies de-legitimize the movement. You are disparaging the efforts of many volunteers who have put a lot of time and money into organizing and participating in these very successful events. You "used to support us," but now you sit back and laugh at us and try to convince others to do the same.

You might be peeking at the other team's playbook, but you came back to us and ran the liberals play all over our field. As if we haven't seen it a million times. Their tactics are to lie, besmirch, and destroy their opponents, while ignoring all facts & evidence. You sounded like more than just a messenger. In fact, your descriptions of the Tea Parties were more negative than some of the liberal newspapers that covered the local rally in my area.

You might as well have tried to relate us to Timothy McVeigh and called us "teabaggers." We know what liberals do. They will smear us no matter what we do. But it doesn't matter to us. Day by day the liberal media becomes less relevant. We aren't trying to please the liberals. The fact that they are upset is a vote of encouragement in our minds.

You claim to be a former supporter of the Tea Parties, but since they have only been around since April, you must be a truly fickle supporter indeed. You are quick to write off the rallies as a waste. After all we've been through in 3 months, sorry... Its tainted beyond repair.

A negative "image" with the liberal news, late night talk shows, CNN, and internet bloggers, means that we are upsetting the right people. Their comments are predictable and shallow. Should we actually be worried that they call us racists? I mean, what isn't racist in their minds?

Your distorted image of the rallies, along with your message to the conservative voices on the radio and television - they need to shut the hell up - is very telling about where you stand.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First Post on INGO

First, thanks for letting a crazy ex-journalist into this bunch!

Second, for those of you who don't quite understand the Tea Parties, try watching the vids. You can find them at the INTeaParty.com Vid Page, or at my blog down in my sig.

Here's the highlight reel that isn't up on the INTP site yet!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dmghZKylw"]Highlight reel[/ame]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OMG. Are some of you people SERIOUS??????? What is this I'm hearing on here? Do you all just want to sit back and wait for them to come take you away and throw you in an interim camp or WHAT???? Some of you talk like it's HOPELESS!!!!! You people have no faith. None whatsoever in this Country at all. You have written off the American people just as the Fed Gov has done. How sad is that? You preach Freedom and Liberty and all the nice things that go with it, but you sit here and say that the movement is useless. I believe I read a few times that "It's like locking the barn after the horses have already ran out". I think you need to take a closer look my friends. Or are you just THAT LAZY????

It's not about just taxes. Yes, taxes are run rampant. Forget about anything anyone says about FairTax.org. It's a crappy idea. Yes I said it. But you tell me how things are suppose to change when you just want to sit back shaking your heads with your eyes shut screaming "NO NO NO NO IT WONT WORK! IT CANT! I CANT HELP YOU CAUSE IT"S USELESS!!!!"??????????

You can sit there and say that this is a useless effort. obamatard can call us IDIOTIC! THAT SHOWS HE FEARS US!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO! If he's calling us out by NAME in documents to the Press Secretary, don't you think that's saying something??????? Also, don't you think if it was suppose to be a private note, they would have taken care to not let it leak??

So you will just sit there on your hands and say, nah, I'll wait for something better to come along. Or, I'll just sit here until SHTF and I get to shoot someone. Is that your BEST excuse or is it just laziness? That's right. I'm calling you people out. If you think the Tea Parties are heading in the wrong direction, join us and help lead us. It is grassroots after all. We have no Political Party leading us. Or are you too lazy and complacent to at least TRY and make a difference???? I think that's exactly what it is.

Let me guess. You're sitting there saying "Well, I'm involved in this and this and this, I don't have time for this." Or maybe you're saying "It's a waste of time. They'll never make a difference. Besides, why should I join them? They're doomed to failure anyway, so I'll just sit here while they actually TRY SOMETHING..."

Now seriously people. I haven't seen one thing yet that is a compelling arguement why you SHOULDN'T join up and help us. It's early enough to be molded into a real movement for YOUR rights. That's our goal. Repeal bad laws, repeal bad taxes, repeal bad politicians. How can you NOT support that?

Look, I'm sorry if this hits the wrong nerve with people, but I've been without a computer all weekend, I've been up 36 hours fixing it, I get it running, then I read all this. I'm highly dissappointed in this forum.

You all talk so highly about preserving and fighting for freedom, but when people give you the chance, we're lucky if half of you actually write and send a letter to Washington. Let's stop making excuses and DO something. Or are you just to lazy to DO SOMETHING?

On a side note, the poll, if true says a lot. Unfortunately, I don't recall meeting 37 INGOers at the July 4th Tea Party and I was sticking out like a sore thumb in the rain with my INGO Tact hat on. I met MAYBE 4 people from here, but I certainly increased our membership/view audience by about 30 people while there.

(EDIT: I originally said we didn't have leadership. THis isn't really true. We have a bunch of volunteers that have organized into a committee and many small groups that follow the main body all over the state. But again, we are not affiliated with any political party. We are Dems, Repubs, Liberits, Independents, and everything in between. We have leadership, but it's more responsive to the People than any other organization out there.)
    Sorry if I sound insensitive, but aren't you the one who lost his job and is having some problems at home? Wouldn't your time be better spent attempting to secure employment, therefor easing the burden on your entire family, and in the meantime, giving you a leg to stand on when you slight the rest of us that feel that meaningless protests are just that? If you have time for a Tea Party, you have time to better your postion in life, therefor bettering the country! Again, sorry if that comes off as anything other than a simple statement.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    And so it goes.....

The issue that I see here are there are too many issues.

Tea Parties can be effective if they are focused and to the point.

I have always been told that only god can boil an ocean. I have to do it a cup at a time.

The reason for that is no one gave a crap when it was some one else's ox getting gored and they don't give a crap now. They see this tea party thing as a chance to push their own agenda for their own self interest and don't care much about any thing else, same old as same as before. Most of the people at at the tea party or poking fun at it, neither one much have a clue about history, the constitution or what makes a free country or what it takes to keep it.

It's been a generation or more since this has been one and it's getting on near a generation since they've even taught it in school. The public is ignorant and getting worse. Ignorance is the tool of oppression and it's hard at work in the United States.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if I sound insensitive, but aren't you the one who lost his job and is having some problems at home? Wouldn't your time be better spent attempting to secure employment, therefor easing the burden on your entire family, and in the meantime, giving you a leg to stand on when you slight the rest of us that feel that meaningless protests are just that? If you have time for a Tea Party, you have time to better your postion in life, therefor bettering the country! Again, sorry if that comes off as anything other than a simple statement.
    For the record, :) Savage said said several times that he's looking for work, and doing odd jobs when he can to bring in money. My 16 year old kid is looking for summer work as well, and having a tough time finding it. Times are tough.

Also, the latest Tea Party here in Indy was on July 4th, :patriot: a holiday. Not too many job interviews that day.

We were thankful that he and a bunch of others volunteered their time to serve as the eyes and ears security crew for the event. Savage's help was much appreciated by the Tea Party committee on that holiday.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The reason for that is no one gave a crap when it was some one else's ox getting gored and they don't give a crap now. They see this tea party thing as a chance to push their own agenda for their own self interest and don't care much about any thing else, same old as same as before. Most of the people at at the tea party or poking fun at it, neither one much have a clue about history, the constitution or what makes a free country or what it takes to keep it.

It's been a generation or more since this has been one and it's getting on near a generation since they've even taught it in school. The public is ignorant and getting worse. Ignorance is the tool of oppression and it's hard at work in the United States.

Good points.

We in the local (Indy) Tea Party are aware that politicians are looking for any leverage they can get, and are trying to co-opt our movement.

The sentiment I'm seeing amongst the average "tea partier" is that the sleeping bear has awakened.

The sentiments are best described as: To the politicians: you'd better lead, or get out of the way. This bear is slow to awake, and quick to anger. It's pissed and hungry. Politicians can show us what they're made of and lead (a VERY few are leading), or become yesterday's lunch.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I'm sorry if I sound insensitive, but if I could find some employment to ease the burden of my family then I would do it. Times are pretty tough if you haven't noticed. I'm a damn hard worker, but my record doesn't say so. That's my biggest problem anymore.

I've been passed over for so many jobs I can't count anymore. Plus if I get a day job, that's $400+ Per week in daycare. That's right, 4 kids. All day everyday. Sure, I could go work at the local Shell, Speedway, McDonalds. 25-35 hours per week at $7-7.50 per hour. I would be losing money to go back to work. Soooooooooo I don't have many options. I don't have a problem working graveyard either. Just gotta find someone willing to take a chance on me instead of someone else.

Now. If you would like to tell someone how to live their life, have some kids and you'll have 18 years to control their life. I am not your kid, I'm a grown man, and I"m not some idiot wandering the streets going "Duhhhhhh... What?".

Maybe next time you'll be a bit more polite and maybe ask questions before you start dictating what people should do.

For the record, :) Savage said said several times that he's looking for work, and doing odd jobs when he can to bring in money. My 16 year old kid is looking for summer work as well, and having a tough time finding it. Times are tough.

Also, the latest Tea Party here in Indy was on July 4th, :patriot: a holiday. Not too many job interviews that day.

We were thankful that he and a bunch of others volunteered their time to serve as the eyes and ears security crew for the event. Savage's help was much appreciated by the Tea Party committee on that holiday.

Thanks but I've raised my anger bar and made it harder, much harder, to set me off. :D

Hope your kid has better luck than I have. He's got a clean slate at that age and I'm sure something will come up soon. Just can't be picky I guess.

:patriot:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Also, the latest Tea Party here in Indy was on July 4th, :patriot: a holiday(which caused some of the problems he spoke about). Not too many job interviews that day.(yes, but plenty of time to spend with family, and/or preparing for an interview or continuing the search)(Appreciate his help all you want, volunteerism is good, I'd do it more if I wasn't busy providing for my family, but it doesn't change the facts I stated. He can volunteer all he wants for any party he wants, but don't paint me lackadaisical unless we review the facts.)

I stuffed some stuff in () because I don't have enough time to figure out board code. Again YMMV

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm sorry if I sound insensitive, but if I could find some employment to ease the burden of my family then I would do it. Times are pretty tough if you haven't noticed. I'm a damn hard worker, but my record doesn't say so. That's my biggest problem anymore.

I've been passed over for so many jobs I can't count anymore. Plus if I get a day job, that's $400+ Per week in daycare. That's right, 4 kids. All day everyday. Sure, I could go work at the local Shell, Speedway, McDonalds. 25-35 hours per week at $7-7.50 per hour. I would be losing money to go back to work. Soooooooooo I don't have many options. I don't have a problem working graveyard either. Just gotta find someone willing to take a chance on me instead of someone else.

Now. If you would like to tell someone how to live their life, have some kids and you'll have 18 years to control their life. I am not your kid, I'm a grown man, and I"m not some idiot wandering the streets going "Duhhhhhh... What?".

Maybe next time you'll be a bit more polite and maybe ask questions before you start dictating what people should do.

Thanks but I've raised my anger bar and made it harder, much harder, to set me off. :D

Hope your kid has better luck than I have. He's got a clean slate at that age and I'm sure something will come up soon. Just can't be picky I guess.

:patriot:
    I have two kids, and at no time was I impolite, and, who needs questions when you yourself posted about family problems, and some of the causes. You evidently looked over the moral of the story. YOU called out others for not being as "activist" as you, so I in turn questioned what YOU were doing to improve your personal situation, because in the end, family is first, improve that, then start about changing the world!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have two kids, and at no time was I impolite, and, who needs questions when you yourself posted about family problems, and some of the causes. You evidently looked over the moral of the story. YOU called out others for not being as "activist" as you, so I in turn questioned what YOU were doing to improve your personal situation, because in the end, family is first, improve that, then start about changing the world!

See, here's the problem with all this you say. There's more to my life that I'm not letting be public. You have no right to tell me what I should or should not be doing with my family, about my family, or (insert "Do this" here) because of my family. I'm not doing that to you or anyone else. I'm only asking why people talk about it but never do it. I'm asking people why people can just criticize others while they do little to nothing to secure their childrens future.

Look how many people have voted but not posted about it. That says a lot.

Either way, your post was very rude and very improper. So was the above post.

If you have nothing of substance to add to this conversation I ask you to leave us be and stop derailing the thread. My personal life has nothing to do with the Tea Party and I would appreciate you leave it out of this discussion. Now please, let us grown men have a civil conversation.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Look how many people have voted but not posted about it. That says a lot.

Either way, your post was very rude and very improper. So was the above post.

If you have nothing of substance to add to this conversation I ask you to leave us be and stop derailing the thread. My personal life has nothing to do with the Tea Party and I would appreciate you leave it out of this discussion. Now please, let us grown men have a civil conversation.
    1. I voted AND posted 2. AGAIN, YOU BROUGHT UP PERSONAL/TEA PARTY ISSUES 3. I have not been rude at ANY time 4. I am a grown man and am TRYING to have a civil discussion, MY point is quit spending your time whining about being wronged(here, and at the Tea Party), and start spending time improving your situation, because EACH person that improves their personal situation, in turn, improves the entire country.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Clearly not all of us support the Tea Parties. To avoid further conflict, we will say that you must have a full time job to rally support of your fellow forum dwellers.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    1. I voted AND posted 2. AGAIN, YOU BROUGHT UP PERSONAL/TEA PARTY ISSUES 3. I have not been rude at ANY time 4. I am a grown man and am TRYING to have a civil discussion, MY point is quit spending your time whining about being wronged(here, and at the Tea Party), and start spending time improving your situation, because EACH person that improves their personal situation, in turn, improves the entire country.

1. Good for you. 2. Good for me. 3. you're still being rude. 4. you are not having a civil discussion. You are attacking me, crossing the line, and acting like a fool and assuming and accusing and dictating.

I don't have time for this. We Patriots have better things to squabble about. Good night sir.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I believe someone posted some pictures on the IDL MeetUp site, and I do believe there is one of you and the boys on stage in your period costumes.

No, no, no there is not. There absolutely is not a picture of that. :rolleyes: Nothing to see here. :rolleyes: Keep moving, folks.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Clearly not all of us support the Tea Parties. To avoid further conflict, we will say that you must have a full time job to rally support of your fellow forum dwellers.

LOL, and only free men who are land owners can vote in polls.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    1. Good for you. 2. Good for me. 3. you're still being rude. 4. you are not having a civil discussion. You are attacking me, crossing the line, and acting like a fool and assuming and accusing and dictating.

I don't have time for this. We Patriots have better things to squabble about. Good night sir.
    Hey SLOW KID... NOW THAT, IS AN ATTACK, go back, reread the post I originally quoted where YOU stated we that don't support this are "LAZY"(hmmm, attack?) or "I'm calling you out", well someone who disagrees with you stepped up and offered something HE feels constructive to helping the country improve one person at a time, yet since you don't agree, it's a personal attack. I agree, NOW I'm not having a civil discussion, it's impossible with the blindly retarded(again a personal attack like "fool" above). AND, I haven't "seen a compelling argument" that disproves anything I've posted in this thread. Remember, the quotation marks are YOUR words, go back and read'em. And THIS "Patriot" could give a sh1+ LESS what you think about MY actions in this Tea Party affair, simple fact is, you asked, some told you, now you're butt-hurt(again, THAT is not polite for those keeping score) because not everybody agrees with your angle. At least we can agree on something, I'm done with this thread until YOUR next attack.:rolleyes:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Unfortunately, there is a large segment of the population who will demand to see results demonstrated before they will jump on the bandwagon. Admittedly, there is a risk that this will achieve nothing, but if we don't try, will will achieve nothing.

Those of you who demand to see results, I hope you will at least sign up for the emailing list and keep an eye on what is going on, because we intend to produce results.

At this moment, there are 60% who are very much with us.

22% would "show up for a rally, but that's it". If those 22% (who think "it's a great movement") would just help volunteer, then we'd have 82% actively participating.

If we got 82% of INGO involved at that level (I know, stretching statistics a little), we'd have 3,900 volunteers in Indiana.

If we had 3,900 volunteers in Indiana from INGO alone, it's clearly not a "failing endeavor". Therefore, we'd have a pretty good shot at at the 13% who think "it's a great thought", but a "failing endeavor". Boom, we have 95% of a group (and a hell of a group at that).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    LOL, and only free men who are land owners can vote in polls.

Constitution constructionalists believe in adhering to the original intent of our founders. It is fact that our founders didn't want just anybody voting. Hence the landowner requirement. We can't on one hand decry that the intent of the 2nd be for the right of the individual to bear arms without infringement and then dismiss other parts of the constitution because we don't agree with that particular part. Is requiring voters to be landowners the answer. I won't say yes but clearly those who can't figure out what month 9/11 happened shouldn't be voting. What is your solution for making people be informed before voting?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    There COULD be one posted here. Well, now, it's not EXACTLY a photo, but a .jpg none-the-less!;)

You're here only to incite. TROLL!!!

:popcorn:

If that doesn't work, I have a really good picture of a certain someone helping stain my deck. Ring a bell?

:laugh:

Top Bottom