• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Just curious if anyone else gets coughing fits after shooting? So far, after every time I've gone to the range, I come home coughing and clearing my throat...is that just normal cos of all the gun powder?

Oh, and YAY ME! I just put 100 rounds through my brand new Rossi 971! It's my first gun ever ....oh sigh....I'm already misty remembering it....it was just a few short hours ago...

....sigh....

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    unbelievebly relaxed. a trip to the range does absolute wonders for my stress level. unless my gun of choice isn't running right. then i'm madder than hell.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I stopped going to indoor ranges. The only two we have are... well, I won't jack your thread. Anyway, I used to get coughing spells right after leaving the indoor ranges, since they were not ventilated very well.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    oh, and on top of coughing, my hands are filthy. Worse than when I do construction on my home.....

thanks Bob! I like shooting! I say world peace through gunfire!!! LOL!

and come to think of it....there was a HOARD of folks at the range today and they were all shooting as fast as they could pull the trigger...I guess shooting faster makes you cooler? what the F do i know????

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have never experienced any ill effects after shooting...except a little soreness in the shoulder sometimes. I do feel a lot poorer after all the $$$ in ammo I just shot-up.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Shooting is a completely underrated activity in terms of stress release. As long as the gun is working well and the ammo isn't disappearing too fast, how could you not feel relaxed after wards!

Obviously if you're having coughing fits (which I never have) this may not apply but as long as everything is smooth sailing, then its - well, just that - smooth sailing! :yesway:

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    LOL! Funny replies....for the record....a little coughing fit will NOT keep me from going back! I figure it's either the weather, the indoor range or who the hell cares what....
    either it will go away or I'll get used to it.... :)

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I feel satisfied, relaxed, confident, dirty, happy, proud, defiant, wind-burned, sun-burned, and anxious to do it again with like-minded, free-thinking, rough and rugged folks.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Relaxed
    The sound of empty brass jingling on the way home is good music

I'd have to agree. To a lot of people, shooting holes in paper, or at things like steel plates, bottles, etc. wouldn't sound as though it could be anything but stressful. I, however, see it as therapeutic and it actually seems to reduce my stress level after my range time. Of course, using my boss's picture for a target might be part of it! :D (just kidding!!! ....I don't think he reads the boards ....I guess I'll find out tomorrow! :):)

Top Bottom