• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My FIL says he is in pain below his waist. For 10 minutes he tells us what is wrong. We figure out he has to go. He forgot how and we had to tell him how to go.

i hope this is not a hint of what will happen this weekend.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Unfortunately this happened with my uncle as he dealt with severe early onset dementia.

He took to pooping in the shower and "discovering" the results in the tub when he was done. Then he started trying to hide it in his pockets.

He no longer understood how to wash himself, eat a bowl of cereal, etc. Towards the end he told my mom he forgot how to swallow.

He died suddenly just last month at the age of 62. We don't know if it had anything to do with the swallowing issue or not. Waiting on autopsy results.

That horrible disease hit him like a ton of bricks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    At 62 !?! That is earlier than I've heard before. I just had a friend that died of a massive heart attack at 59 without warning. Here's hoping I remember what I'm doing at the end and am not a burden on my family.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Unfortunately this happened with my uncle as he dealt with severe early onset dementia.

He took to pooping in the shower and "discovering" the results in the tub when he was done. Then he started trying to hide it in his pockets.

He no longer understood how to wash himself, eat a bowl of cereal, etc. Towards the end he told my mom he forgot how to swallow.

He died suddenly just last month at the age of 62. We don't know if it had anything to do with the swallowing issue or not. Waiting on autopsy results.

That horrible disease hit him like a ton of bricks.

I am so sorry to hear this ..... Please accept my condolences, and prayers, to you, and yours .....

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    He is 87 and I hope he is not impacted.

We just went to the big guns to help him out. This happened to my mil and she was gone within 3 months.

It is like the body has had that memory erased.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Prayers to all above involved that have to deal with this terrible condition. I've have lost a Grandpa and good older friend/mentor from dimentia and Alzheimers.

It was just terrible.

Top Bottom