How do you get rid of tree & shrub trimmings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Toxicity for fairly benign stuff isn't really an issue, I would imagine. Most major incinerators are going to need filters for the normal toxic stuff regardless. Water, however (which most people's grass, sticks, logs etc are loaded with) could seriously cut into whatever efficiency is required for their incinerator to function properly.

I guess that makes sense... a little. Just seemed odd to me at the time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Now for that low a fee I wouldn't (theoretically of course) have to do pre-dawn dumpster missions.

We also have a city facility that charges $5 per pickup load. The trash must be burnable (mattresses are accepted for example) and it goes into the city incinerator and is used to supplement power generation (I think - not positive). Oddly enough, they won't accept branches and sticks or any kind of yard waste - you know, "natural" combustibles, but they gladly accept things which no doubt create toxic fumes (like mattresses). :nuts:

They may have an air scrubber set up for the "toxic" stuff and due to cost of operations don't want to foul it with "natural" toxic stuff?:dunno:

Top Bottom