• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I order green coffee beans from Sweet Maria's and roast them myself with a heat gun, and bowl, and a wooden spoon.

Then I grind it as needed with a Baratza Virtuoso
    nizAypr.jpg

and brew with a Clever Coffee Dripper when I just want one cup:
    DjeBKmam.jpg

A press pot when I want two cups and/or a fuller extraction:
    PPuhSnq.png

Or a Technivorm if I have company or expect to need more than a couple of cups:
    v8Xj3CC.jpg

It's worth the effort and only costs 5-10$/lb. :D

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Standard drip style coffee pot, with Maxwell House Dark Roast usually. I'm the only one in the house that drinks it, so I usually make half a pot every morning and drink 2 cups before I leave the house and then pour the rest in my travel thermos to take with me to work. Drink it black most of the time, sometimes I'll add a little sugar, and on special occasions I'll buy/use creamer.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Plain ol' drip pot for me, Folgers regular roast, black...i used to use the flavored creamers, but I woke up one morning hungover and creamer sounded like a bad idea so i went straight black and have been every since.

I enjoy experimenting with other blends and "flavors" (kona, hazlenut, etc.) but i almost always drink it black. The only exception is when the Mrs. buys a bottle of white chocolate macadamia nut creamer :drool: then its more like a mug of creamer with a splash of coffee :laugh:

I'd love to get a Keurig though...used one at a friends house in Florida, brewed some Caribou (Caribou Blend Coffee by Caribou Coffee® - Keurig.com) and have been craving it ever since.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will drink Folgers or Maxwell in a pinch, but I do like to buy the bags of ground Starbucks, Dunkin, Seattle's Best, etc.
    I tried drinking instant a couple of dozen times. I can drink it if that is all available but I will go out of my way to have real coffee instead.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Mr. Coffee drip pot with Folgers at my house, sometimes Starbucks if the fiance buys it. She also got me addicted to the Heath bar creamer.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've a cheap espresso maker at home.

I use the store-brand dark roast (Usually Meijer), grind it to "turkish" in the store (as the regular espresso grind isn't fine enough)

Then it's 3-4 oz in a big travel mug, most of the rest with 1% milk, then add sugar free vanilla or sugar free caramel flavoring syrup.

WHAM - poor man's latte.

-J-

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I order green coffee beans from Sweet Maria's and roast them myself with a heat gun, and bowl, and a wooden spoon.

Then I grind it as needed with a Baratza Virtuoso
    nizAypr.jpg

DjeBKmam.jpg

A press pot when I want two cups and/or a fuller extraction:
    PPuhSnq.png

Or a Technivorm if I have company or expect to need more than a couple of cups:
    v8Xj3CC.jpg

It's worth the effort and only costs 5-10$/lb. :D

WoW! That's a lot of work for a cuppa, and too many choices for me.

But, to each their own!

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy

DjeBKmam.jpg

Never heard of these methods of roasting/brewing, by you're right, roasting and grinding takes more time but it's better than the mass produced garbage most of these people drink.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Electric drip, bottled water. To be drunk black as God intended. If you foo foo up your coffee I will slap it from your sissy hand!

Yep. This ^^^

I am to lazy to make it in the morning so I got a coffee maker that has a timer that is set to start making my coffee at the same time my alarm clock goes off in the morning. The hard part is remembering to set it up the night before.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Yep. This ^^^

I am to lazy to make it in the morning so I got a coffee maker that has a timer that is set to start making my coffee at the same time my alarm clock goes off in the morning. The hard part is remembering to set it up the night before.

I do the same thing! I hit snooze once and by the time my alarm goes off again it is done brewing.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I hereby request the thread title be changed to: "The Official INGO Coffee Snob Thread." You people and your fancy machines...

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Yep. This ^^^

I've got the same thing too. It's called a wife that gets up before I do.

Top Bottom