• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm looking for ideas on how to stay positive on a day to day basis..like when you get run down, what gives you hope for the future?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Lots and lots of mind altering drugs.

Seriously though, I always remember that, no matter how bad things are, it can always be worse.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I work out, ride my motorcycle and practice at the range. After doing one of these, things look brighter... Well, until I get on the Internet.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I think of my wife's smile, this stupid dog in my lap right now, my grandson telling me his secret (yelling fart), gun range trip, & listening to gospel music, thinking about how much Jesus loves me, enough he took my stripes & died for my salvation.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    A nice long drive on some country roads. Music. A bicycle ride, either on a nice path or out on some mountain bike trails.

Happiness is all a mind game, you're in charge of that.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just refuse to let something bad consume my life. I've had lot's of ups and downs. I dwell on the ups and just deal with the downs as they come along.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I find that when I'm looking forward to something good, I'm in a better mood. For example, I ordered a new gun from Palmetto last week. I've been looking forward to picking it up from the pawn shop around the corner. I'll then be looking forward to showing my new Christmas present to everyone I visit during the holidays. Then there's the anticipation of putting a couple hundred round through it. Sometimes it can be the promised naked time with the wife, or delicious meal she is going to cook. It can be mundane or fantastic. Just keep thinking about the good things that are coming up in the near future.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been logging off, and spending more time with my family. Getting more exercise outdoors (chopping wood, lately). Work on little projects that I enjoy, and need done anyway. Disconnect from all the negativity that is out there. It'll still be waiting on me when I dive back in.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In the last 6-9 months or so I have been struggling some. I was focusing too much on what I should have done instead of on doing what I needed to do now. I found my train of thought going down the road of "if only I could go back in time a few months ago and do _______ differently ".

I finally realized that in six months , today is the day I would want to go back to. That idea has really helped me stay focused and motivated .

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It's hard to stay positive. Last few years have been hard on my wife and I. Trying to have a baby, no success. And seeing family and friends all around us that are able to have more babies with no problem whatsoever.

Trust me, it's an even worse feeling when you keep thinking, "why them and not me"? "Why do they get all the luck?"

I look at all the good things that I have in my life. And even though I have been thru some hard times recently, it's made me realize how lucky I am. Things will always get better.

Plus, getting on one of my bicycles and just tearing it up helps release a lot of stress :). Pavement, dirt, doesn't matter.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Hills and Valleys... Life is Hills and Valleys.. Somedays a 1.59¢ Root Beer or a Good Bourbon on the front porch could be the Hill of the day.
    Other days it could easily be the Valley.

Top Bottom