• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    Hey All, I saw that Daltech Force has their SuperBio Belts on a flash sale today and tomorrow (8/30-31/17). I've been thinking about getting a brown one for a while, and wondered if anyone had one, and what your thoughts were on the appearance.

Background:
    I've got a couple liger belts from maxpedition, which I love. I wear one every day. However, they basically offer them in black only, with occasional OD options. I'm fine with that most of the time, but I'd really like to have a nice looking brown belt to wear with my shirt tucked in, and look a little nicer. With that said, I also want something that is able to support any equipment I'm carrying. I'd buy something that looks as nice as a Liger belt in a heartbeat, and from what I've read, the black superbio belts are right up there. However, I haven't found many reviews of the brown one, and it looks pretty plastic-y to me on their site. I'd rather buy a real nice looking leather belt that maybe isn't as bulletproof, since I'd just be wearing it on occasion. Anyone got any thoughts?

TL;DR If you own a brown SuperBio, do you wear it when you want to look nice?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    To start off, I have a Daltech dual layer steel insert bullhide belt that I wear every day with jeans (when not needing to go to the office for work). I love it and it looks great. I also have the brown Bio-belt that I wear when I go to the office. This is button up dress shirt and Dockers. Yes, I think the brown bio-belt looks as you say "plastic-y". To be honest I think it looks like a cheap belt. I'd much rather be wearing a nicer looking leather dress belt, but I just wore those out too fast and they were too flimsy to carry much, so I opted to have the utility and durability of the bio-belt over the better looks of the normal leather belt for now. I may try another one of their leather belts at some point in a different color than what have now for jeans. Mechanically the bio-belt is great and think it will probably last forever. Hope that helps.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey All, I saw that Daltech Force has their SuperBio Belts on a flash sale today and tomorrow (8/30-31/17). I've been thinking about getting a brown one for a while, and wondered if anyone had one, and what your thoughts were on the appearance.

Background:
    I've got a couple liger belts from maxpedition, which I love. I wear one every day. However, they basically offer them in black only, with occasional OD options. I'm fine with that most of the time, but I'd really like to have a nice looking brown belt to wear with my shirt tucked in, and look a little nicer. With that said, I also want something that is able to support any equipment I'm carrying. I'd buy something that looks as nice as a Liger belt in a heartbeat, and from what I've read, the black superbio belts are right up there. However, I haven't found many reviews of the brown one, and it looks pretty plastic-y to me on their site. I'd rather buy a real nice looking leather belt that maybe isn't as bulletproof, since I'd just be wearing it on occasion. Anyone got any thoughts?

TL;DR If you own a brown SuperBio, do you wear it when you want to look nice?

I "dress up" maybe every three years or so where my belt is exposed and I need to look nice. On those occasions, I have a black leather belt from Daltech, which I have used exactly once at a wedding and reception. It worked well with two Glock 19s in tuckable IWB holsters and no one could see that I was armed (and many of the people attending were gun guys who carry all the time and knew me).

I wear a brown BioBelt every day. It does not look plastic-ey to me because it has a dull, matte finish. The color is a lighter brown than most dress belts though. It's more akin to a milk chocolate or chocolate milk color or something in between the two. If the color blends with your trousers okay, then it would be fine for business casual or even a suit and tie unless it's something formal. I'd say that if you can wear a shirt with a button-down collar, the brown (or black) BioBelt would work. Not so much with a tuxedo or a gray pinstripe business suit.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i stopped in at there shop today while i was already in town. very nice people. have some nice wallets and belts. im planning on getting one later this year

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    I "dress up" maybe every three years or so where my belt is exposed and I need to look nice. On those occasions, I have a black leather belt from Daltech, which I have used exactly once at a wedding and reception. It worked well with two Glock 19s in tuckable IWB holsters and no one could see that I was armed (and many of the people attending were gun guys who carry all the time and knew me).

I wear a brown BioBelt every day. It does not look plastic-ey to me because it has a dull, matte finish. The color is a lighter brown than most dress belts though. It's more akin to a milk chocolate or chocolate milk color or something in between the two. If the color blends with your trousers okay, then it would be fine for business casual or even a suit and tie unless it's something formal. I'd say that if you can wear a shirt with a button-down collar, the brown (or black) BioBelt would work. Not so much with a tuxedo or a gray pinstripe business suit.

This. Not what you would call classy. But it meets the need to get that brown color over black (only THINKING the word "accessories.") and still extremely capable. Glad to have both black and brown.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just got one of the 1.25" wide black biobelt and it looks like a dress belt. It would not look out of place with slacks, trousers or a full suit. The brown ... not so much.

I have my eye on this full grain leather for an option in brown. This looks versatile enough to go with anything from jeans to khakis to a suit.

Sb6_186d0bab-a9b9-4069-b4ab-b04f8b775a88.jpg

https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/gun-belts/products/rich-brown-stitched-gun-belt

Also Daltech is running a 20% off sale this weekend. Use the code LABORDAY20.

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    Thanks all for your input! Sorry I've been so slow to respond. I got started on a big project Thursday afternoon and have hardly been online. I did jump on at 11:45 Thursday night and order a belt. We'll see if it meets my needs. I'm just looking for something to wear with jeans and khakis that isn't black.

MCgrease, that is a fine looking belt! I almost bought that one instead! My only concern with the full leather belts is that they may be to thick. I've got a 1.25 wide belt from Caltech, and I'm going to get rid of it because its so thick! (I also realized that I don't like the 1.25 width)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just calling out that the 1.25" is the thinner belt more suitable for slacks and trousers. Most of the more casual style of pants like jeans, chinos, khakis can accommodate a 1.5" belt.

Top Bottom