How does INGO Outdoors compare to your other hunting forums?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I belong to a few hunting and fishing forums and one of my favorites is the OldGobbler.com forum for Turkey Hunting. The hunters on that board are really serious about helping everyone out and when you ask a question you are going to see nothing but positive comments geared toward helping you or backing up a fellow poster.

I started thinking about some of the posts I have done here asking questions or advice and within two posts the thread is hijacked, typically by someone interjecting 'why the heck would you want to use that, I use this and its fine'.

The thread goes off on another flow with people adding there own views on what is best and rarely anyone providing experience on the thing I asked about in the beginning.

Do you find that INGO is one of the least helpful places to get info from a hunting perspective? I was curious as to what others think and if you agree why do you think that is?

I still like to post here because of the fact we have Indiana hunters with similar experience on terrain and movements. I just hope that the firs few posts get me the info I need before thread gets bombed.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No more and no less helpful. It is a little harder to navigate, being one big family room forum, instead of a having a little segregation.

Honestly, much like every other forum I have been on, you start a thread and hope one of the "good guys" gets there before it devolves. INGO IS primarily about firearms and so this forum is kind of a side note to the whole book.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    The only other "hunting" forum I belong to is Archery Talk. This one has less elitists, but more crotchety posters lol

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I admit, I often see posts that I think I have something to add to but there is a sect on here that seems to find glee in attacking anyone with different views, so I figure it isn't worth the additional stomach acid.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have watched several big/decent forums turn to crap.
    Usually due to mismanagement and favoritism (and outright stupidity).
    When the public is involved, with the concept of fad.........there seems to be a natural downward spiral.

The only reason I hang around on some forums is because of the crusty old b*stards that make me laugh.
    Some are actually quite skillful and border on comedic genius.

Do not confuse those folks with the inside joke dweebs that try to act "cute".

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I pointed out a legal truth on one large forum, relevant to the discussion ( most on target post actually).
    Some jerks complained and an equally A hole admin banned me.
    I knew an insider who said he could get me back on, not to seat it. Told me it wasn't worth it.
    The admin was banned for life soon after, but one of the critics is still on there (recently checked).
    Talk the talk, walk the walk............I hate a self righteous stupid mofo.
    Push that religious and legal crap, I expect them to back it up.
    Alas, when they have to advertise..............might be a darn good clue as to what their real character is.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    There's turds floating in every pond. But over all I have received a lot of help on here. I shot my first deer solely on the help I received on here. Yes I had dumb comment's posted on almost all my questions. But the good gals and guys just answer your questions and ignore the hupla. The big thing I see on here is if you ask for opinions you will start a debate. If you need help you get help. A lot seems to be how you ask.

Top Bottom