How does this happen? Buys stolen gun from retailer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    This happened to me as well. I was living in south Louisiana at the time and bought a late war Arisaka type 99 from Cabelas Gun Library in Gonzales LA.

A couple weeks later I get a call from a detective with the Ascension Parrish Sheriffs office asking if I bought the rifle and if I still had it. Turns out a women stole and sold a bunch of her ex boyfriends guns after he cheated on her while he was out of the country working. He reported them stolen when he returned back from abroad and realized they were gone.

The detective asked if I would meet him at the store a couple days later to return the rifle which I did. The detective was really cool about it all. I gave him the rifle and end of story.

The gun library manager was embarrassed and gave me a $250 gift card for my troubles. I ended up buying a S&W model 66-2 6” with the gift card that day.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When I worked at a shop in MI, there were a couple times we took in a stolen handgun. In MI they have handgun registration so every handgun we brought in we had to fill a form out and turn it in to the state. I can only think of maybe twice that happened, criminals can be dumb but usually they know to avoid this particular paper trail.

Top Bottom