• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not giving up an inch.
    Not saying you, but i know some people are lying when they say that because if everyone who said it emailed and called their state and federal elected criminals, I mean officials, then we would have national carry reciprocity and suppressors without taxes, and constitutional carry. So the words
    put up or shut up is what I say to that term

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Just another reason to not shop at IKEA, don't ya' think?

I read on Facebook he should be prosecuted because their policy is no guns. Gotta love those who don’t know the law.

I will admit, I bought my wife’s 9 year anniversary present there days after the couch shooting. My m&p shield did not fall out of the Galco ankle glove I’m proud to say. *♂️

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I read on Facebook he should be prosecuted because their policy is no guns. 藍 Gotta love those who don’t know the law.

I will admit, I bought my wife’s 9 year anniversary present there days after the couch shooting. My m&p shield did not fall out of the Galco ankle glove I’m proud to say. 路*♂️
    My shield didnt fall out of my holster and I was there when it happened.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Let me share a little anecdote that has absolutely nothing to do with firearms but may be applicable to the situation at hand.

Many years back, there was this guy in northeast Ohio that blew up his steam tractor while operating it at the county fair, killing himself, his (adult) son, and a 4H kid that was unlucky enough to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I won't bore you with the technical forensics, but suffice it to say that every rule of proper maintenance and safe operation this guy could have broken, he did. It's a miracle it went when it did, as there was only about fifteen pounds of pressure in the boiler; the water level was a full twelve inches below the crown sheet and the dumb @#$% was wondering why he couldn't keep steam up.

Of course, the media and a few prominent politicians got wind and decided something must be done about this, and they drafted up a piece of legislation so convoluted and restrictive that no one would ever be able to operate an antique steam engine in the state of Ohio ever again. Citizens, amateurs and professional boilermakers alike, made arguments in the legislature that the proposed law was not only needlessly constrictive, but also completely pointless, as even the regulations imposed on industry boilermakers and operators do nothing to prevent failures from occurring. They did succeed in getting the most egregious parts of the law stripped, but in the end there was too much political pressure behind it and it passed anyway. If you ever go to a show and see "Ohio certified boiler operator" and "Ohio certified boiler, inspected by so-and-so" placards on the side of the platform, now you know why.

The kicker? The guy that blew up his engine had already been banned from every other tractor show and farm equipment club in the area. The exchange typically went something like this: A member would point out his unsafe practices and he would become indignant, "I'll operate my engine the way I @#$% well please", to which the response would be, "Not here you won't, pack your stuff and leave." At the time of his death, the only organizations that would allow him to operate his engine in public were the County Fairs of his home county and those adjacent -- people who were not of the steam community and didn't know the first thing about running a steam engineg safely.

What am I trying to prove with all this? I don't know. I'm not calling for IKEA-guy's blood, but at the same time, you've got to be able to slap some sense into people who do stupid @#$%, or someone will take it upon themselves to "fix" the problem. At the same time, you can't stop all the idiots all the time, and even when the community does everything everything properly and polices its own, it's still possible to be punished for someone else's stupidity.

:twocents: For what it's worth.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Maybe this is just what EVERYTHING boils down to. And where everything went wrong, when we stopped doing it.
    Now it's the age of tolerance.

I called for him to be prosecuted because I thought that was the law honestly. And yep, I was pissed too because it seems like the idiots who own guns give us all a bad name. Mind blown finding out that nope, no real law violation for being an idiot and losing control of your gun. The kid finding it and firing it aside. The act of carrying it like a fool and losing it like a fool is what I was concerned with.
    I dont want to see anymore laws really. However I could see forcing someone to attend a firearms safety class if they are a habituall idiot with a gun or the level of stupid rides to a set level.
    People lose their gun rights every day. Lets not pretend it doesnt happen and even for unfair and stupid reasons in my opinion.

Whatever the answer is its probably never best solved with politicians because they are the dumbest smartest people on earth
    I don't know what the answer is TT but I can assure you that a four hour safety class is not enough education for an idiot that is confident he knows everything when the class starts. I've had them in class and most leave just as ignorant as they arrive because they don't pay attention.
    If you had a class and a test you wouldn't be allowed to fail anyone because in today's world everyone gets a trophy. It's the impossible task of outlawing stupid we're talking about. Cars, knives, guns, boats, you name it, some will always be irresponsible idiots and there's very little the rest of us can do to change that age old fact.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    What happened to shall not infringe?

As long as there is a group of people, hell even two people, living in the same space/nation/whatever, there is going to be disagreement on actions should and shouldn't be allowed. It goes back to the old nuclear bombs argument. OK, we shouldn't let people have nuclear weapons, what about chemical weapons? Should fourteen year olds be able to carry guns, if not, why not? I didn't see an age range in the 2nd Amendment. We all know how disagreements are solved: Either civically through some mutually agreed upon civil process or uncivilly through actions like terrorism, civil war, individual refusal, civil unrest like blocking streets or rioting, etc.. What any one person might think isn't an infringement (ie: Las banning 14 year olds from carrying) others might.

He, we and thousands learned from his mistakes (forgive my hatred for the Oxford comma). No one was hurt. Why meddle in a good thing just to punish an idiot who made a poor decision?

Should no reckless acts should be criminalized until such time that a person is harmed? I read this argument from time to time. Drunk driving should be legal the moment up to the drunk driver runs a red light and crash, or drives upon the sidewalk and strikes someone. Some will see reckless carrying as the same.

He didn’t recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally performs an act that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person, did he?

This is your opinion. If he takes this to trail, hopefully he has folks like you on the jury. They likely looked at everything: His decision not to use a holster. His complete failure to make some sort of body check to make sure his "dangerous device" was still under his control. Some people will see his actions, when taken in totality, as reckless and intentional (the gun didn't just drop into his pant pocket, nor did someone else put it there without his knowledge).

Top Bottom