• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I drove as far as the coffee shop (7 minutes tops), but did not forget it, it was not there on the rear bumper of my SUV.

After peeling myself off the sidewalk, I put it back in the range bag.

I never, ever take my cell phone down to the basement when I am loading up for a range trip.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    It really depends on if I needed my gun and was needing to be somewhere at a certain time. Combined with how far away I was from home. If I wasn't on a time schedule, then yes if I felt I needed it and was under 20 mi.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    tbh this would be a "forgot my pants" type of situation but for the sake of discussion I'd say it depends on what I'm doing. Running errands and am more than 20 mins out, not likely to turn around. Long road trip and still relatively close? Sure, but I'm not turning around if I cross a state line and then remember.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I never trust a new weapon until i run several hundred rounds through it. A new weapon would make me nervous.

I have such a routine I have never forgotten my EDC.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I never trust a new weapon until i run several hundred rounds through it. A new weapon would make me nervous.

I agree whole-heartedly with this.

Just going on a shooting trip and forget a gun? Buying a new one to take along is one thing.

But buying a new one with the intent on carrying it because you've forgotten your EDC is a whole other animal.

For me, it's just not responsible to carry an un-tested gun. Until you KNOW the gun will go BANG a few hundred times in a row, or won't have feeding issues, or won't have extraction issues, or if the sights are properly regulated... You just don't know if it'll work.

As has been said on here before; we don't necessarily carry a weapon because the chances are high, we carry because the stakes are high.

Well, if the stakes are that high, why in the world would any rational person carry an un-tested firearm? To me, that's just silly.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It would depend on where I was going and how long I was going to be there. For the most part, I'd turn around within a half hour but if I were spending a considerable length of time in zombie land, I'd go back for it no matter where I found I had forgotten it.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    There is a good chance I'm going somewhere where a friend or family member will be carrying as well. If the need were to arise I'm sure they'd cover me.
    I hate forgetting things and having to go back...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Like many, I would bring out the "extra" but if that was not an option either I would be without. I lived in IL for so long and went without that it doesn't bother me to be without. This doesn't mean I wouldn't notice or feel naked, I wold. I wold simply deal with it though.

Thing is, where ever I do go I either have left spares there so I can fly easier or they are allso gun owners which means I can probbly borrow one.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

I have such a routine I have never forgotten my EDC.

I agree whole-heartedly with this.

Just going on a shooting trip and forget a gun? Buying a new one to take along is one thing.

But buying a new one with the intent on carrying it because you've forgotten your EDC is a whole other animal.

For me, it's just not responsible to carry an un-tested gun. Until you KNOW the gun will go BANG a few hundred times in a row, or won't have feeding issues, or won't have extraction issues, or if the sights are properly regulated... You just don't know if it'll work.

As has been said on here before; we don't necessarily carry a weapon because the chances are high, we carry because the stakes are high.

Well, if the stakes are that high, why in the world would any rational person carry an un-tested firearm? To me, that's just silly.
    I bet your wives/girlfriends love the fact that you don't look for reasons to buy new guns!

Im pretty sure the vast majority of us wouldn't want to carry an untested firearm. However, if there was no option to return home but there was an option of buying a new one that Im already familiar with, you better believe I would load that thing up with ball ammo and carry it as opposed to nothing at all.

Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Not very likely I'd ever leave without it, but I've done dumbshat before. Bottom line, I'd be a nervous wreck without it (everyone's out to get me), so I'd probably go back and get it if time allowed.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If I'm going to the range...all the way back (why did I leave again?). If I'm going somewhere else...to the nearest gun store.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Like many have said I can hardly imagine myself leaving home without my EDC. I do also carry a quality knife so I wouldn't necessarily be defenseless. Having said all of that I would go back to get it unless I had already arrived at my destination.

Top Bottom