• ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    On that note I'll tell you that I'm Gunny Hathcock reincarnated!:D

Like I said, I see myself as a so-so shooter. I have had some Real Good Luck with some of my rifle groups too. Check out my albums to see some of runs of Luck!;)

:ar15::ar15::ar15: SPRAY AND PRAY BABY! SPRAY AND PRAY!!

Went to your albums, need to work on your cheek weld and trigger pull, you keep missing the coins:D Got 232 at Edson range with the 14, went to tech school after that, fixed electronic gear in Nam for 16 months, amongst other stupid stuff, wanted to join the ranks of the likes of Hathcock and Mahwinney, but the Corps had other ideas. Never was a ''tactiKool" kind of guy, but turned into a paper puncher, lotsa' half inch stuff on good days. Semper FI:patriot:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    If you really want to know how well you can shoot, take the time to go to an Appleseed shoot.:yesway: I went to mine this summer, it was a humbling experence.:rolleyes: I had a lot of room for improvement, and the RO's (aka IIT's) showed me how to improve my shooting a bunch.:rockwoot: I can now say I can shoot my rifle with confidence. Give one a try, you will be suprised. :patriot: Don

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I know a guy that hit a running coyote at 40 yards, out of a moving vehicle, with a 1911 using his non-dominant hand. No stuff, for real. Of course he could never duplicate the shot obviously, but it was something to see.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Went to your albums, need to work on your cheek weld and trigger pull, you keep missing the coins:D Got 232 at Edson range with the 14, went to tech school after that, fixed electronic gear in Nam for 16 months, amongst other stupid stuff, wanted to join the ranks of the likes of Hathcock and Mahwinney, but the Corps had other ideas. Never was a ''tactiKool" kind of guy, but turned into a paper puncher, lotsa' half inch stuff on good days. Semper FI:patriot:

I shot with Hathcock's son while I was on the rifle and pistol team. Meet him personally during the 87 Interservice Matches. He presented the long range medal I won that year. Talk about a kid in a candy shop. He would come to the 2nd Marine Division MTU and Scout Sniper Schools at Stone Bay in Camp Lejuene while I was an instructor there. When he arrived at the gate it was like we had a visiting General.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    With my SavageMKII at 100 yards, with a 3x9x40 scope. Shooting from a bench with a bipod. Using high velocity ammo (mini-mags or golden bullet). I can put every shot in a 5" wide diamond. I know I could do better with a higher power scope, which I'm probaby going to upgrade to later. But that's a head shot every time :)

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    three shots hit (out of five taken) to the torso of a moving "man sized target" from a vehicle driving about 25 mph at a distance of about 50-60m.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have never been much of a target shooter, just enough periodically to know the gun is still shooting good. I know I can hit the bottom of a pie pan (my usual target being we always have those lying around. is that a sign i eat too much pie?) at 100 yards with my muzzle loader and shotgun with slugs. Same goes for my scoped Remington 30-06 at 200 yards (that was what I sighted it in at). So that is what 3 or 4 MOA. I know its nothing compared to you target guys. But I mostly just shoot to kill game. Not near the shot my Dad and Grandad were though. I can remember they would start nails in the well post, then shoot at them with the .22.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    3 liter faygo bottles at 350 yds on iron sights with my garand and my '17. No real training other than Boy Scouts %% years ago and hadn't picked up a rifle in 25 years. No good places to practice in the 300-600 yard range around here:crying:

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    When I was in the services, I could hit an 8" steel plate at 700 yards with a good spotter. Out of the services, no more long range place to shoot, the most is just 100 yards, then I could hit a penny at 100 yards. Now I am older and not as energized as I was, not sure what I can do since my rifle is still warming up these days.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I shot these two 10 rounds groups at 100 yards Monday with my .223 Ackley Improved. The surprising thing is that these were generic fireforming loads put together simply to blow out the brass rather than for accuracy.
    SCAN0001.jpg

This is a 5 round group I shot with my .308 the week I got it back from the builder. (holes are stretched out from the spotter disks)
    500yards.jpg

For me it's more about getting a first round hit on my intended target regardless of the distance, elevation or weather conditions. I still have a lot to learn and need a lot more practice before I could hope to compete with the big dogs in the long range precision game.

X-Ravin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    West Lafayette
    Terrible shot, but then again I'm just beginning. I would like to get into long range hi-power stuff, but that's a ways off. I am starting to get better at clays. I've found I'm deadly when clays shoot to the left, dangerous when they shoot in front of me, and harmless when they go off to the right :dunno: Anywho, I'm going to start working on my .22 at 100 and 200 yards and see if I can get good :)

Top Bottom