How have ammo prices impacted your range time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How have ammo prices impacted your range time?

• I go to the range less.

Votes: 27 55.1%
    • I still go, but shoot fewer rounds.

Votes: 16 32.7%
    • It’s less crowded, so I shoot more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • No factor.

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've cut way down on my range time. I went once in the last few months and it was BANG there's a dollar, BANG there's a dollar, BANG that's a dollar... BANG that makes $250 I just spent... damn!

So I'm going a lot less. I'm doing dry fire practice at home instead.
    One magazine through an AR15 is $25-$30 these days. A few of those and you could have a nice dinner.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    First rule have a gun that works, plenty of feed for it, and practice. Been through four of these droughts and learned my lesson on the first one.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    One magazine through an AR15 is $25-$30 these days. A few of those and you could have a nice dinner.
    Probably down at least 25%. I also find my self shooting more 22’s than before. Used to be more AR but as you know you can think you have plenty and then the availability gets a little scarce, price goes up and it isn’t as easy to resupply.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    When 22 comes back in stock on CCI's website or in certain brick-and-mortar stores I'm still able to replenish my stash affordably these days. And I'm having a lot of fun shooting 22s! My 22's didn't get enough love before, now they're my go-to's.
    I'm feeling the same. I still shoot 9mm and 45 some but I'd forgotten how much fun the 22s are and other than recoil everything runs the same.. Also picked up a 22/45 lite a couple months ago that was already equipped with every gadget known to man. It's too much fun and almost impossible to miss when I'm running it.

rbshoots

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2014
    central In
    It forces me to start reloading, and now I normally only shoot reloaded ammo
    Yeah , I have slowed waaaayyyyyy down... I have a very hard time finding replacement components ... fortunately I am an old timer reloader and have stayed somewhat stocked up on goodies, but I have a hard time shooting up my loads knowing I can't replace the ammo I shoot near as fast as I shoot it...

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Before winter, i was just supplementing in more 22lr training. Since all this weather, AND the ammodemic ive just stayed inside. I also sent all my guns and ammo in to Biden, so it would be hard to train.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I'm going less, and when I do go, I shoot less. I'm shooting more rimfire, and less centerfire. I've gone from loading in bulk to planning what I'm going to shoot next and loading small batches of that to conserve my now meager supply of primers. I even went through my scrap bucket last week and salvaged any primers I could find from scrapped brass. I thought I was decently prepared, but I've come to terms with the fact that my regular rate of ammo consumption just isn't sustainable with current conditions.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I go to the range less, but it's more because my car got wrecked so I can't go to the range as much (I guess I can bike to the range?) and less because of Ammo prices. Still though, I don't really intend on shooting all that much when I do thanks to Ammo prices.

Also is it just me or am I right to assume the government is buying up all the 5.56 and 9mm for the army? Other calibers don't seem to be impacted as horribly as 5.56 or 9mm (tokarev rounds excluded because that shortage has been going on for much longer)

Top Bottom