• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im just curious to know what's the trigger weight on your carry handgun, or any other handgun that you use for home defense.

I dont like triggers that are too heavy, but on a DA pistol that has no external safety and that you carry with a round in the chamber, a somewhat heavy trigger is a good safety IMO.

I dont have a trigger scale so I dont know the weight of all the guns I shoot, unless the weight is mentioned in the manual.

I think the factory Glock trigger is 5.5 pounds, I also had a Kel Tec P11 who was about 8 pounds.
    So what do you have on yours, super heavy or air trigger?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I bought a "trigger scale" at Gander Mtn, in Castleton, brought it home, and my trigger was so "heavy" the the scale or gauge, did not register high enough !!!!! I have owned the gun, for 30 + years, and I LOVE it !!!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I also would like to know, if you are a LEO, what is the trigger pull on your duty gun (if you know it)?

I heard some agencies have really heavy trigger pull on their guns to avoid NDs, I think I read somewhere that the NYPD have a 14 points trigger pull on their Glock 19, that sounds heavy.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    When I bought my 1911 CASPIAN 45 it had a 1.5 trigger pull according to my RCBS TRIGGER PULL SCALE, it was so light I think one of my pubic hair would have hit the trigger the gun would've gone off, My gunsmith adjusted it to 2 pounds for safety sake

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I bought my 1911 CASPIAN 45 it had a 1.5 trigger pull according to my RCBS TRIGGER PULL SCALE, it was so light I think one of my pubic hair would have hit the trigger the gun would've gone off, My gunsmith adjusted it to 2 pounds for safety sake

That is light, I used to shoot airguns at 10 meters in college (the stuff used in the olympics), you had could just barely touch the trigger and the thing would go off.
    I think it was even lighter than 1 pound, it would be scary to have a air trigger on a firearm.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    That is light, I used to shoot airguns at 10 meters in college (the stuff used in the olympics), you had could just barely touch the trigger and the thing would go off.
    I think it was even lighter than 1 pound, it would be scary to have a air trigger on a firearm.
    First time I shoot the gun, I don't know where the piece of lead landed, cause it went off as I was still trying to aim at the target:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First time I shoot the gun, I don't know where the piece of lead landed, cause it went off as I was still trying to aim at the target:D

That happend to me a few times, usually I shot the target of the guy next to me by accident, or the floor or the ceiling.

Starting shooting with a air trigger teaches you trigger discipline very quick.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The DA on my Sig is about 7-8lbs, SA is 3-4. On the CZ it's 6-7/2-3. The M&P that I used to carry was 3.5-4.5. (These are SWAGs, if anyone has a pull gauge to lend me to verify, I'd be much obliged!)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Im just curious to know what's the trigger weight on your carry handgun, or any other handgun that you use for home defense.
    I dont like triggers that are too heavy, but on a DA pistol that has no external safety and that you carry with a round in the chamber, a somewhat heavy trigger is a good safety IMO.
    I dont have a trigger scale so I dont know the weight of all the guns I shoot, unless the weight is mentioned in the manual.
    I think the factory Glock trigger is 5.5 pounds, I also had a Kel Tec P11 who was about 8 pounds.
    So what do you have on yours, super heavy or air trigger?

I agree with you there.

My carry is a Glock 17L which is an odd choice for most. Being as its just over 1.5 inches longer than a standard model 17. Can still CC comfortably and draw quite fast if needed. Rather OC though.

The Trigger Pull is just under 3 lbs which may sound unsafe for a Glock carry gun until you know that it also has an EXTERNAL THUMB SAFETY so the light trigger pull doesn't bother me at all.

The only reason I can now publicly admit this is that you can't Neg Rep anymore. Suckers!! :rockwoot:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    8lbs on both Glocks, NY1 and standard connector. Been seeking out a - connector to keep the firm reset but soften the break. Tried the NY2 for a bit it was too heavy to be consistent with.

Trigger discipline does far more than trigger weight ever will as far as NDs go, and I think its negligent to consider heavy trigger as a safety. I like the NY1 for the positive feed back ergonomics and superior engineering over the default spring.

Top Bottom