• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Yeah, when my wife's 2019 Grand Cherokee came off lease in Oct of 21, I had six dealers send me letters offering 10k above the sticker.
    I called them all to rub it in a little. She's had a 3 year test drive and there's only 4k miles on it, and they can't have it.

I also have a 2001 Buick Lesabre Custom with 158k on it, runs perfectly, that I put a For Sale $2000 sign in the window this past Sunday, and I got 7 calls on it. Haven't even put it on Marketplace yet. Started taking appts to inspect it next weekend, when I'm back in town.
    It's like a feeding frenzy out there.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Roommate has a 2020 Audi SQ5 that is a lease with about 6 months left on it. Vehicle has had all service done at dealership and only has 25k miles on it and is flawless. The residual is about $20-25K less that a comparable SQ5 is going for right now so it looks like she’ll probably buy it out. It has been an excellent vehicle and haven’t had 1 issue with it since driven off the lot.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Paid 35K for my 'Vette ('12 Convertible Grand Sport 3LT, 6-speed) in Sept. 19, they're now going for 39K+ with more mileage on them. And that's for autos, manuals are gowing for even more.

If I didn't love driving it so much, I'd sell for a nice profit. But I know I'd regret it later.
    I traded a ‘11 3LT Vert for a ‘17 GS Vert in Feb. I “got“ what I paid for the ‘11 several years ago in trade value for the ‘17. I paid a premium price for the ‘17 but it checked all my boxes which most didn’t. Just do it, can’t out guess the future, and don’t look back.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My wife‘s lease runs out May 28. Mid- size Crossover, AWD, Platinum, has 20,000 on it ( retirement mileage vs. previous working mileage ) - was 3 yr./36,000 lease. Not a mark on it. Not a problem with it. Her annual driving mileage will not be increasing. So 3 years from now it is 40K miles and worth ??? Buy out is $25K. No brainer to me. It’s out of warranty but it will not be leaving us.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I traded a ‘11 3LT Vert for a ‘17 GS Vert in Feb. I “got“ what I paid for the ‘11 several years ago in trade value for the ‘17. I paid a premium price for the ‘17 but it checked all my boxes which most didn’t. Just do it, can’t out guess the future, and don’t look back.
    Don't like the C7 as much (hate Lambo teardrop rear) and the 7-speeds have been reported as problematic.
    C6 has to be one of THE best looking modern vettes ever. C2's & first 3 years of C3 are also favorites of mine, but I've already got my classic muscle with my '67 Firebird.
    Without a manual option the C8 is out for me regardless of how much superior a dual-clutch is, I love the challenge of rowing my own gears and that perfect shift.

I'll likely drive this C6 until the wheels fall off or I can no longer physically drive a clutch!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Don't like the C7 as much (hate Lambo teardrop rear) and the 7-speeds have been reported as problematic.
    C6 has to be one of THE best looking modern vettes ever. C2's & first 3 years of C3 are also favorites of mine, but I've already got my classic muscle with my '67 Firebird.
    Without a manual option the C8 is out for me regardless of how much superior a dual-clutch is, I love the challenge of rowing my own gears and that perfect shift.

I'll likely drive this C6 until the wheels fall off or I can no longer physically drive a clutch!
    50 years ago vs. today = manual vs. A8
    20’s then vs. 70’s now = manual vs. A8

3/C-3’s + C-6 + C-7 = Total Vettes.

I always swear ”this is the last one”. But I always get the itch. Never been disappointed ( with a few personal modifications ) stepping up to a newer class. HOWEVER…this is ABSOLUTELY the last 1 Seriously, not a C-8 fan.

Whatever trips your trigger is what’s for you. My mileage may vary. That’s what it’s all about with “toys.”

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

Some Auto 8 speed trannies in C-7 had issues. Normal fix is triple flush ( with different fluid than original ), filter change, etc. The issue was not just in Vettes or just with GM products. Ford had problems too. They collaborated in the tranny development. GM went 8 speed. Ford went 10.

Ever drove 1 in manual mode with paddle shifters ?

Another potential issue with wide bodies ( like mine ) is wheel issues. Simple fix tho spendy is forged wheels. You pay to play or you take you chances with OEM, personal decision.

Lot of improvements, upgrades thru out. Today age, comfort, safety features, etc. plays a role for me personally. Climate controls, computer controlled everything, navigation, cameras, etc. in C-7 better than C-6. Worth it ? To each his own. I still own a C-3 but there is a reason it is rarely driven.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I wanted to trade my 14 accord in for an F-150. Took a long time and a lot of searching but I ended up getting a one-owner 2014 F-150 with 59K on it for 23,000. This was last October. Don't think I did too bad all things considered. I've recently seen similar trucks with twice the mileage with an asking price of over 26,000.

Had to drive 3 hours to Florence, Ky. to make the deal but it was the only decent deal I could find on a truck at the time after 6 months of looking.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've inquired at the dealerships we're...uh...dealing with.

Neither of them have had much movement on the list of vans we're waning. We were offered much higher trim levels...but absolutely do not want to spend that kind of $. The "base" model LE trim will be PLENTY luxurious enough for us - and will have more bells and whistles than my wife will EVER want to figure out (unfortunately).

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I've inquired at the dealerships we're...uh...dealing with.

Neither of them have had much movement on the list of vans we're waning. We were offered much higher trim levels...but absolutely do not want to spend that kind of $. The "base" model LE trim will be PLENTY luxurious enough for us - and will have more bells and whistles than my wife will EVER want to figure out (unfortunately).
    A new van is what I'm wanting as well. I agree with you, a base level 'full size' van is one of the better deals out there. Start adding this or that and the price can double. I want a cargo van, so, don't 'need' all the bells and whistles. I say "want" because I don't quite 'need' one right now, so, thankfully, I can't wait this craziness out. Same goes for a new home. Been thinking about that too. Better wait on that as well. lol I'm in no hurry. :coffee:

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    I’ve been of the mindset for many years now that vehicles keep the middle class poor. That’s especially true today.

I personally know of so many families who have had vehicles that worked just fine and were either paid off or almost paid off. Vehicle prices go sky high, they can’t help but trade in for a new vehicle. Middle class gets sucked into FOMO so often (housing market is a similar story). I’m in the middle class, but am in no hurry to trade in my two 2011 vehicles that were bought used years ago.
    Yeah I am driving a pretty crappy 04 car, which has been fine as a college student. Now that I have a better job I would love to replace it with something that doesn’t shake like the dickens lol, but prices are just crazy. I’ll stick with it and save aside money I’d spend on a payment until things calm down I think. Hopefully they do actually calm down!

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Yeah I am driving a pretty crappy 04 car, which has been fine as a college student. Now that I have a better job I would love to replace it with something that doesn’t shake like the dickens lol, but prices are just crazy. I’ll stick with it and save aside money I’d spend on a payment until things calm down I think. Hopefully they do actually calm down!
    They always do. Just be patient. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom