• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    If you ever wanted to know how tomatoes are harvested, canned, and labeled. Check out the science channel "how it's made" dish channel 193!! Featuring indiana's own Red Gold!! It was on at 9 and the next showing is at midnight. It was only about a 10 minute spot but was cool to see a big time TV show filming a Indiana product.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    they just had an episode showing replica cannons being made in south bend also.

I did catch part of that one.

I try my best to catch the brand of "stuff" they make on those shows - just hoping for an IN connection.

Same with Dirty Jobs (Only 1 that I know of in IN - Fair Oaks Dairy)

-J-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you ever wanted to know how tomatoes are harvested, canned, and labeled. Check out the science channel "how it's made" dish channel 193!! Featuring indiana's own Red Gold!! It was on at 9 and the next showing is at midnight. It was only about a 10 minute spot but was cool to see a big time TV show filming a Indiana product.

I assume the difference between that and those of us who do it ourselves is scale and technology. ;)

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I did catch part of that one.

I try my best to catch the brand of "stuff" they make on those shows - just hoping for an IN connection.

Same with Dirty Jobs (Only 1 that I know of in IN - Fair Oaks Dairy)

-J-

They also filmed one at Purdue on forensic entomology. Very cool episode!

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I live right down the road from one of the main Red Gold factories. What kills me the most is all the semi traffic that goes by my house. they shake my whole house when they're coming to the stop at the intersection and when they take off from the other direction; mostly the empty trailers that bounce around a lot are what shakes everything. The factory they filmed at is about 4 miles away in Orestes.

Top Bottom