• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How long can you last between knife purchases (or trades)?

• Total voters

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    IMO, this poll is skewed due to the fact it is INGO, a community mostly made up of gun people, interested in guns, gun related items, topics, etc. There is only a hand full of knifeholics that hang out on INGO. Offer this poll on USN, Bladeforums and other knife related sites will give you totally different results. :twocents:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    IMO, this poll is skewed due to the fact it is INGO, a community mostly made up of gun people, interested in guns, gun related items, topics, etc. There is only a hand full of knifeholics that hang out on INGO. Offer this poll on USN, Bladeforums and other knife related sites will give you totally different results. :twocents:

How is it skewed? Its a simple poll of the members of this board.... the only way for it to be "skewed" is if there was a certain desired outcome that could not be attained based on INGO demographics.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I got this spot in my heart for the perfect knife, unfortunately I have no room for the knife that's not perfect. I could go years, days, weeks, or months. It just depends on how long it takes me to save 5k usd for a Medford.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have only bought one knife since Blade show. I sorry to say, but I am trying to save money for something else. But it usually once a month.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Good point, but I'm not interested in those guys. I'm interested in how our little group fares when resisting the temptation. I think it's safe to say that those of us who regularly visit this forum have at least a healthy interest in knives. I'm interested in the opinions guys who see knives as a tool to use when they need it and nothing more as much as I am the opinions of the knife lovers.

I just committed my own vote to one month, but at this juncture that may have been optimistic. Madbomber was taunting me earlier with some items . . .

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Good point, but I'm not interested in those guys. I'm interested in how our little group fares when resisting the temptation. I think it's safe to say that those of us who regularly visit this forum have at least a healthy interest in knives. I'm interested in the opinions guys who see knives as a tool to use when they need it and nothing more as much as I am the opinions of the knife lovers.

Healthy, in this context, is a tricky word.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Well, I am on USN, BladeForums and INGO and I am a user/collector/sharpener of knives. I try to keep it to one a month, but when a nice Mammoth Ivory inlay or new Zero Tolerance knife comes to market I am ready to buy. Just can't resist having one more in the safe ready to be in my daily rotation. Got my eye on a new Northwoods Hawthorne mammoth ivory now... :cool:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    How is it skewed? Its a simple poll of the members of this board.... the only way for it to be "skewed" is if there was a certain desired outcome that could not be attained based on INGO demographics.

Fair enough...skewed may not be the right word for making my point, but I believe most people understand the point I was trying make.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I got this spot in my heart for the perfect knife, unfortunately I have no room for the knife that's not perfect. I could go years, days, weeks, or months. It just depends on how long it takes me to save 5k usd for a Medford.

I have a **** load off Medford knives coming in the next month or so....start saving! :):

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Depends, I can go days or months, just depends what project I have going or if I find a knife that floats my boat

So...that mean mine will come in...maybe?

Not on this order which was placed before the 187 Deployment Series order. Both orders were placed within three weeks of each other, so I would expect the Deployment Series order to show up relatively soon after the order I'm referring to shows up.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Not on this order which was placed before the 187 Deployment Series order. Both orders were placed within three weeks of each other, so I would expect the Deployment Series order to show up relatively soon after the order I'm referring to shows up.

You upgraded my pocket clip for free right?

Least I got a little more KC cash if it's still a month away.

Guys at Sig said my MPX PSB might be shipping this month too so......

Damn guns and knives

Top Bottom