How long do I have to wait for my carry permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I applied for my lifetime after my initial 4 year permit lapsed sometime back in march. It's been over 3 months now and I haven't heard a peep. This is getting ridiculous. I get the feeling Indiana's gun permit department is just one guy buried underneath a mountain of paperwork, who may or may not have been crushed under it. I'm in Marion county.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    There's a rather large thread tracking application to time received, but in a nutshell the state is WAY behind in processing the permission slips. My wife has zero criminal history and her worst encounter was a speeding ticket a few years ago, and she's been waiting since February. It sucks, we hate it, there's not much that can be done about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i've heard recently the back log is causing about a six month wait. good luck!

Speaking from personal experience from both the wife and two close friends, 6 months is not a stretch by ANY means. its literally 6 months. no joke. Wife applied 1/4 and got hers mid may. friends applied a week later and got thiers mid June. :xmad:

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Right now, A REALLY long time 6-8m+ due to recent events. It took me 3 days a few years back. So glad I did it then

Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    County to county can be different wait times from what I hear. Marion County is approving applications from Jan/Feb now, others are much faster (though still in months for most is the feedback I hear).

BMcElyea

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Muncie Indiana
    I applied for mine on 1/17 and did not recieve it until 6/4. My sister in law applied a month later and got hers the day after mine came in. I think the delay for mine is because there is a joker in GA with the exact same name as me and he has a felony record. I have not had as much as a traffic ticket since the late 90s.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    State law gives them 60 days to process the application and issue a approve or deny. I wish more people would start calling the governors office and complain! Overwhelm these guys with calls to hold their employees accountible. This is a law they are breaking. They could also be sued.

Top Bottom