• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    It was 1988. I bought my first gun, a Ruger 10/22, then joined the NRA. I became a life member about five years ago, and signed up my wife as a associate on my membership last year. Eventually I'll make her a life member too. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Never again

I was a member sense 1966. I am still a member.
    I will not be a member when my dues run out.
    I supported all of the NRA adgendas.
    That was until

George Zimmermann is fighting for our second amendment and Florida right to defend himself.

I call the NRA to obtain George's address to send him money to help defend our rights.

The NRA refused to give out any information.
    They did NOT want to get involved.
    I even discussed this with a NRA representative at a second amendment meeting.
    He stated that all the ILA money is for bribing our government officials.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    i know im outta the loop here, but what benefits is there to being a nra member? this is a serious question, not trying to rile anyone up.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NRA Member since 1958-------------life--20years----------Benefactor Life, 6 months---

from '58 to present probably donated 10,000

While I was President of FCVCC--our club was "NRA CLUB OF THE YEAR"-------
    Got a all expense paid trip to Fairfax---got to meet some of the greats(in NRA) Marion Hammer,Cooper,LaPierre,etc,etc

NRA,RSO---NRA instructor of 9 disiplines

I guess you could say I've been around the NRA for a while.....

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    To Spike Jones(love your music)------Are you sure that you have ALL the information on Zimmerman? and What made it a NRA fight??(ps--he had so much money given to him,that he got in trouble with the courts,and the IRS)-----

To DSmith78

I belive the NRA is the number one defender of the Second Amendment-----------I also belive that without the NRA we would have NO guns--and few liberties..
    Plus you also get a very informative monthly Magazine...

You will get frequent requests for money for ILA,and other services of the NRA----if you dont like to get the requests-----on the back of your membership card there are several phone numbers for each group--call them,tell them to stop sending the requests----"NO PROBLEM",they will stop

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    1966. The NRA then and now is first and foremost about the NRA....they are a money-taking organization. Do they do some good? Yes. Do they pocket way too much of what is given to them? Absolutely. I would really like to see another entity form and replace them as a true voice of gun owners.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I was a member sense 1966. I am still a member.
    I will not be a member when my dues run out.
    I supported all of the NRA adgendas.
    That was until

George Zimmermann is fighting for our second amendment and Florida right to defend himself.

I call the NRA to obtain George's address to send him money to help defend our rights.

The NRA refused to give out any information.
    They did NOT want to get involved.
    I even discussed this with a NRA representative at a second amendment meeting.
    He stated that all the ILA money is for bribing our government officials.

Home

Evaluate this and decide if you want to send them money. I have donated $150 so far. I'm comfortable that the money is being used appropriately.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    my father-in-law was an x-cop. he made me see the light about our 2nd rights. yearly member for 2 yrs. then went lifetime, on the easy monthly payment plan in 08. I think all responsible gun owners should be a member, im just sayin.......

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    My step father was a life member and I grew up reading American Rifleman and any other gun magazines he had around the house. I was never a paying member myself until this past year. I believe the NRA is our biggest ally in the fight to keep our 2A rights and I will continue to support them.

Top Bottom