how long till your mortgage is paid off?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockola1971

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Over Here
    Wrote a 25k check last summer to pay it off (The stars lined up right) and damn it felt good..absolutely NO debt...right up to the point my wife of 27 years decided to screw a coworker.....it is amazing how fast things can go to s*it..........it was fun while it lasted..lol

OUCH! Good luck with ALL that!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    "0" We will retire completely debt free (assuming no unforseen circumstances). I guess that's one benefit of not being too materialistic and still living in the first house we bought after getting married.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Wrote a 25k check last summer to pay it off (The stars lined up right) and damn it felt good..absolutely NO debt...right up to the point my wife of 27 years decided to screw a coworker.....it is amazing how fast things can go to s*it..........it was fun while it lasted..lol
    Uh, I think I'll keep the mortgage...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Bought first house in 87' very cheap. Two ex-wives later and still hanging onto MY house debt free in 98'…..thats with low income job. Now re-married to 3rd wife, selling MY house to youngest son who after 3 years has it almost paid off already. Wife and I bought house at 3.25% that will come to 128,000.00 with 28,000 interest for 15 years……no way, after 3 years I have saved 8000.00 in interest with just me making payments,, my half will be paid by end of year and then wife who is getting out of her personal debt will take over, and she makes good money….goal is to be debt free again in 3 more yrs. or less and have it so we only paid 1% interest on the loan. My oldest son bought a 5000.00 nice trailer and lot several yrs. ago cash, him and his wife living there saving money, and now he is building a brand new house this summer without ever taking a loan ever and he's' only 27…..thats the way to do it folks….no loans, just save up till ya got the money….now if my 2 sons could teach that to our Govt.

Last edited:

MuddyINGOGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Demotte, IN
    -11. Debt free for 11 years. No mortgage, no car payment, no credit card payments (paid in full monthly).

Dave Ramsey works. Though we do have the credit card, we hate debt and payments so much we won't carry a balance.

I've read only one of his books but the things he talks about in that book are great common sense lessons and I greatly enjoyed reading his book. We still have 25 years left on our 30 year mortgage. We are working towards being in your situation in the future (debt free)

Top Bottom