• Status
    Not open for further replies.

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Man this is taking FOREVER, or so it seems. I applied for a lifetime carry permit through the Westfield police dept on Aug 13th. The cashiers check cleared on Aug 22nd; Westfield say call the State Police and the State Police have no answers other than, "Things are really backed up due to a lot of applications." Really, 13 weeks when I've had one for 30 years or more? Anyone else experiencing this long of a delay?
    Bill

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Seems like 13+ weeks is common right now. As long as you applied before your current license expired you're still good to carry, just keep your money order receipt with your LTCH.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Man this is taking FOREVER, or so it seems. I applied for a lifetime carry permit through the Westfield police dept on Aug 13th. The cashiers check cleared on Aug 22nd; Westfield say call the State Police and the State Police have no answers other than, "Things are really backed up due to a lot of applications." Really, 13 weeks when I've had one for 30 years or more? Anyone else experiencing this long of a delay?
    Bill

Renewed a expired permit online in Hamilton County a month and a half ago and it took about a week to receive the lifetime LTCH.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    How can they print you on line?
    Bill

They dont. You apply online through the state police. Fill out the application online, make an appointment with L1 to get your fingerprints taken and then you can pay your state fee through L1. Then go to your local PD or Sheriff's office and pay the local fee. I recommend lifetime BTW.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Applied online for my LTCH about 12 wks ago. After about 2 wks I went through the electronic finger printing and visit to county sheriff dept. One week later I had the LTCH. All total it took about 4 wks.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Went through L1, electronic prints and mailed app through local sheriff's office. Then a week or two later the State Police called. They received the prints and wanted to know where the app was. So called the Sheriff told them the story, only to find out the app was sitting on the desk and they were "waiting for enough to send out". Told them state Police was waiting for app and they sent it in that day. L1 cost 10.00 more but takes 2-3 weeks total.

Last edited:

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I'm going on 12 weeks right now. I had let my 4 year expire and had to go through the process again. I chose not to go through L-1 because I figured already having a license prior would expedite things. WRONG!

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    I applied at Johnson county sheriff. The state cashed my money order 12 weeks ago. I hear the same thing they are backed up and will get to it soon. Its been 15 weeks so far.

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Well, sounds like I should be receiving mine any month now, been 14 weeks. Speaking of permit/no permit, I had breakfast with a couple of guys today and one was here visiting from Oklahoma. They went into Dick's in Carmel and the older guy from OK saw a .22/410 he liked and asked if he could buy it since he's not from here. The sales guy said sure, long as it's not a hand gun. He started filling out the paperwork and the dept. manager walked up, looked at the paperwork and announced to them that he wouldn't sell them any guns because he was out of state. He walked down the isle and stated loudly that they couldn't buy a gun here and that the Indiana guy couldn't buy one either because he would just give or sell it to the OK guy. They said he was rude and loud and that they will never shop Dick's again. The IN guy is a member of the Carmel FD and has a lifetime, AND, it was a long gun. What's with that?
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom