• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    so i purchased a pair of 1911s from buds last week. had them shipped to a "preferred ffl" that is pretty local.

they were delivered thursday. i left a phone message wednesday (as i saw they would be delivered the following afternoon), sent an email yesterday (well, last night really) and still no response.

how long would you folks wait before doing something else? contact buds? i figured at the 1 week point i would do another round - phone message, email, a PM......

i hate to be a dick to them because i am impatient, but i have two awesome wedding gifts sitting on a box somewhere..........

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I saw that it was delivered on Thursday, I would have been at the shop on Thursday, Friday at the latest. (I'm impatienter than you. :):) Obviously you have the tracking info. Does it in fact show it as delivered now?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    they arent open...... pick up by appointment only.

i made the call the night before - being preferred on buds means they will accept all shipments.

it was shown as delivered on thursday - delivery is to a different address, pick up is made at the actual business.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So what's the name of the place? Might help people answer your questions if they have experience with the same establishment.

Given the OP's location, I think I know who it is. If so, this story isnt the first for this FFL. I'm having deja-vu all over again.

ETA: OP posted at the same time as me. Yep. As I expected. I am seeing a pattern here...

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I had a shipment that took my FFL a full week to track down past the delivery date.

Sent from out of state, but a new driver delivered to a neighbor whose signature he didn't recognize.

So something like that MIGHT be the issue.

But patterns suck. A lot.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Given the OP's location, I think I know who it is. If so, this story isnt the first for this FFL. I'm having deja-vu all over again.

ETA: OP posted at the same time as me. Yep. As I expected. I am seeing a pattern here...
    If memory serves me correctly I do believe there was a thread not to long ago dealing with the same issues with the same FFL. Pattern indeed. If I were in that area I would certainly consider other options for a transfer.

I use an FFL for my transfers and that is mainly what he does. It's by appointment only as well but I have never had any communication issues regarding any number of transfers I have done with him in the past. This guy has a regular job too and does mainly FFL transfers on the side for a reasonable fee among other firearm related services and he takes care of business.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And either my search-fu is lacking, or that other thread was removed, presumably due to them being an advertiser here.

Glad to know I'm not imagining things.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And either my search-fu is lacking, or that other thread was removed, presumably due to them being an advertiser here.

Glad to know I'm not imagining things.
    I believe that thread was deleted as well. That's why I didn't bother searching for it. I believe the proprietor of the FFL mentioned in the thread eventually showed up and a pissing match ensued resulting in a thread lock then the thread got disappeared. Probably the same fate that this one will end up in if it takes off like the other one did.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I believe that thread was deleted as well. That's why I didn't bother searching for it. I believe the proprietor of the FFL mentioned in the thread eventually showed up and a pissing match ensued resulting in a thread lock then the thread got disappeared. Probably the same fate that this one will end up in if it takes off like the other one did.

Yup, I can vouch for it having existed and after having read the owner's responses I will certainly never do business with him. The thread pretty much started like this one with a simple "where's my stuff" and then devolved from there.

There are plenty of FFL's in Indy that are manned 6 or 7 days a week and charge $15 or $25 without going through these shenanigans.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yup, I can vouch for it having existed and after having read the owner's responses I will certainly never do business with him. The thread pretty much started like this one with a simple "where's my stuff" and then devolved from there.

There are plenty of FFL's in Indy that are manned 6 or 7 days a week and charge $15 or $25 without going through these shenanigans.
    Yeah there is no excuse for continually treating customers like that. Like I mentioned before the guy that I use for FFL transfers has a full time other job and I've never had an issue completing a transfer. He has always contacted me in a timely manner when my transfer item arrives and we set up an appointment that mutually agrees with both of our schedules and we get it done.

I'm not his only customer either. He works hard to try to communicate with and accommodate everyone that does business with him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I agree. Returning a phone call takes what? 5 minutes tops? Even if there is no direct contact and a VM is left with "Hey, got your message, I have your stuff, lets set a time to meet." would make threads like these cease to exist.

And if you cant find 5 minutes to call your customer and leave a message maybe you are just a wee bit too busy for all of your endeavors?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    ill say again - i have no interest in badmouthing a shop, or its owner(s) - i simply want to conduct my business with them within an acceptable timeframe.

to me, "acceptable" has passed, but patience is not something i have much of (especially when it comes to 1911s!)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

I believe that's the ffl that has no love for my opinion about his crappy customer service and horrible behavior with current and future customer base.

Top Bottom