[FONT=&amp]Ok, sometimes a G42 if necessary. [/FONT]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have two pistols that I shoot on a regular basis. I currently carry a Shield, but my goal is to carry my 2.0 Compact. I want to have one gun to do it all but right now the 2.0 is still a bit large. I am going to buy a different holster to see if I can get a better fit and possibly conceal it better.

Though I try to shoot my Shield 1 for 1 with the Compact, it doesn't work out due to me using the Compact for training classes so I still get more rounds through it. Plus I have a red dot on the Compact and irons on the Shield.

I'm still sorting out how it will all come together. If I decide that the Shield is what I need to carry, then I'll put a red dot on it. If not, I'd just as well save the money.

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    3 myself. I have a cerakoted Makarov that I've had since the wall fell and I carry that if I'm going somewhere crowded in the summer. I can shoot better and faster with it than any other pistol I have and it's 100% cerakoted so sweat won't bother it at all.

I also have a SAR K2P which is just a Turkish clone of a CZ75 polymer compact. I carry it when I'm going somewhere where the **** may hit the fan. It's a full power 9 with (3) 19 round mags, a tack driver with an amazing trigger, and it hides well especially around now when I wear a coat.

The rest of the time I carry a Walther CCP M2. I hated it when I first bought it, but now that I understand how it works I absolutely love it.

This may be out of the scope intended here, but I also have a CZ Scorpion that I carry in a backpack in my trunk these days.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I only have one...a G43

I have thoughts about the G43XL with the 15 round mag but the 365XL is pretty nice also.

There was a point where I had five C.C. pistols and decided.....WHY?

And trimmed it all down to one. I would like a bit more capacity though.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Typically run between a few depending on attire. 3 are roughly the same. Shoot all of them regularly.
    1911 Springfield Champion 45acp
    XDm45
    1911 Sig 4" in 45acp
    Kimber K6s
    1911 Kimber 10mm

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    3 in current rotation

1) Bersa .380 when I am in my comfort zone - summer
    2) S&W .38 snubbie when I am in my comfort zone - winter
    3) CZ PCR compact 9mm when I feel a little less comfortable

Of course the one is none and two is one rule applies.........which is why at least 3 or more of everything is prudent:):

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    M&P .45 Shield with 7 rd mag in a IWB or vest pocket. With the vest, spare mag in other pocket. Otherwise, spare mag rides in left hip pocket. Various others to choose from, but I find this to be the best option for CC for me.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Gregkl,

Depends on the weather and what I'm feeling, but I typically have a crossbreed holster. Sometimes it's own, sometimes, pwd concealed, sometimes appendix. As a tall guy with a guy I don't usually carry appendix, but it works well if I'm going to standing mostly.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Gregkl,

Depends on the weather and what I'm feeling, but I typically have a crossbreed holster. Sometimes it's own, sometimes, pwd concealed, sometimes appendix. As a tall guy with a guy I don't usually carry appendix, but it works well if I'm going to standing mostly.

First class I took with Coach I had started carrying AIWB. He was not fond of that carry style. I put my other holster on at 0300, IWB, to test the different scenarios.

Well on one of the courses I grabbed for the gun in an empty holster. Would have possibly gotten me shot if the scene was real. Now I keep the gun in the same place all the time. I switched back to 0300 because of all the physical work I do. I liked AIWB until I started bending so much throughout the day.

The same reason I carry the same gun every day. Saw more than one person in a class forget to thumb a safety because they didn't normally carry that pistol.

I have to keep it simple in every day routines, otherwise if it got real I don't know what I would do.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    First class I took with Coach I had started carrying AIWB. He was not fond of that carry style. I put my other holster on at 0300, IWB, to test the different scenarios.

Well on one of the courses I grabbed for the gun in an empty holster. Would have possibly gotten me shot if the scene was real. Now I keep the gun in the same place all the time. I switched back to 0300 because of all the physical work I do. I liked AIWB until I started bending so much throughout the day.

The same reason I carry the same gun every day. Saw more than one person in a class forget to thumb a safety because they didn't normally carry that pistol.

I have to keep it simple in every day routines, otherwise if it got real I don't know what I would do.

I can't agree with you more! Appendix carry is great when aren't bending down, but for consistency purposes, I carry OWB/IWB at the same position anymore.

Top Bottom