How many different suppressors do I need?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am preparing to take the plunge into the world of suppressors. I have been reading a ton and trying to figure out what I want to get. Problem is, I have a bunch of different guns in different calibers with different thread pitches. I want to figure out if I can buy a couple suppressors and use them on all my different guns. Maybe INGO can help?

Here is what I have:

AR (5.56) & 15-22 (.22LR) = 1/2x28

AK (7.62x39) = M14x1 LH

VZ (7.62x39)= M14x1 RH

MPX (9mm) = 13.5x1 LH

YUGO PAP = M26x1.5 LH

Glock (9mm) = 1/2x28

As you can see, I have a bunch of different thread patterns to deal with.

So....I am trying to buy the least amount of silencers to work on this array of guns. I understand that I can shoot smaller calibers out of larger rated suppressors, but I am more trying to determine of there are QD mounts that I can buy for a specific silencer that could make one suppressor fit onto lots of different thread patterns.

Any input and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It really sounds like you can get by with 2 good suppressors, a nice, lighter 7.62 can and a nice pistol suppressor that can handle rapid fire from a carbine (since I'm assuming your MPX isn't full auto).

You might want to consider getting a larger pistol suppressor, so you can shoot .45 through it if you want. I know that the TiRant 45 has all the piston variants you'd need for 13.5x1 and 1/2x28, as well as .578x28 for .45 (or 16x1 if you are a metric guy). I've run a TiRant 45 on my MP5 in full auto and it did a great job.

For the rifle can, there are a lot of options. A new one that is getting at least some good reviews is the Silencerco Omega, designed to be a more or less all in one can. It's not super heavy and can handle up to .300 WM.

The problem you'll run into is adapters for the VZ58 (M14x1 RH) and the Yugo PAP (M26.15 LH). Those two in particular are kind of rare and I didn't really see any factory options (but I might have missed them). You can always buy a thread adapter. CNC Warrior definitely makes them for those threads and possibly TROS as well. I know some people don't like the idea of thread adapters, particularly for higher pressure rounds (which most center fire rifles are), but I'm not sure you'll have many options other than finding someone to custom make you some adapters for whatever can you end up getting.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I'm not a expert. I just bought a recc7 30 cal can for my 556 with plans on using it for 308 and ak if and when I buy one of those two. I have a 9mm can for just that and a 22lr can. With way you are going to need a few cans

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Thanks to Beowulf and chef1231 for your input. After tons of reading and consulting with Silencer Shop (very helpful) I finally have made a determination on exactly what I am going to get.

#1) YHM Phantom M2 7.62 - I will be using this one on my AKs and AR and can even get an adapter for my VZ2008 & Yugo PAP M92

#2) Griffin Revolution 9 - for use on my Sig MPX and all 9mm handguns (I just don't shoot .45 that much to warrant getting a .45 CAN)

#3) Silencer Co. Warlock - for .22 rifle and handguns.

I figure with these three cans I can cover most all of my shooting needs.

Thanks to INGO for the input.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Glad to hear you've jumped in. Suppressors are definitely a (quiet) blast to shoot. I never thought much of them until I got one included free with my first full auto purchase. Now I own 5 and still "need" at least one more.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Warlock is awesome. If you get a chance watch midwayusa.com and buy CCI quiet when you can. With the Warlock it you won't even know you fired the gun.. I shot mine a couple times today though a Ruger bolt action and everyone was blown away by how quiet it was. Keep in mind in will not cycle though a semi auto though.

Top Bottom