How many firearms for the family when SHTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I can only imagine. OG, I'm sure you are a blessing, and a curse. :laugh:

LOL, if you only knew!!! Hey - but I can cook!!! Grandma wasn't gonna let an ornery country girl out into the world if she couldn't cook, seems we needed something to fall back on if/when gravity gets ahold of our other assets. BTW - not fair painting it a shiny color. I might need to borrow it for just a moment...seems IndyJohn wants to see it (cough, cough).

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    IJ.....I see a huge green light.

DO NOT ENCOURAGE HIM!! LOL, I finally got him all excited about finishing the other project... One of the boys said one small thing about wanting a particular type of rifle about a year ago, within 48 hours there were boxes arriving at the house. Within three days there was a celebrated finished build and the ensuing mandatory range time followed closely by "he gets one? I want one too!" from the next kid in line! It's a dang conspiracy I tell you!!!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    LOL, if you only knew!!! Hey - but I can cook!!! Grandma wasn't gonna let an ornery country girl out into the world if she couldn't cook, seems we needed something to fall back on if/when gravity gets ahold of our other assets. BTW - not fair painting it a shiny color. I might need to borrow it for just a moment...seems IndyJohn wants to see it (cough, cough).

A little older, more experienced, but still dead sexy!

5772F658-0B89-46FD-BE01-B8E30B42AE56_zpsw7c4ckao.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    DO NOT ENCOURAGE HIM!! LOL, I finally got him all excited about finishing the other project... One of the boys said one small thing about wanting a particular type of rifle about a year ago, within 48 hours there were boxes arriving at the house. Within three days there was a celebrated finished build and the ensuing mandatory range time followed closely by "he gets one? I want one too!" from the next kid in line! It's a dang conspiracy I tell you!!!

:lmfao:

I am the enabler here. All my people pack very well. It is hard being my kid or their significant other.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    CM, if we had to bug out within the next 5 minutes, what are you bringing? Oh wait, I know. All of it! We are packed!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    CM, if we had to bug out within the next 5 minutes, what are you bringing? Oh wait, I know. All of it! We are packed!

Safe door opens, garage door opens, quickly load everything out in to the company truck...cuz if SHTF who cares if it's company or personal use at that point.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Safe door opens, garage door opens, quickly load everything out in to the company truck...cuz if SHTF who cares if it's company or personal use at that point.

Not you! And based on what you do for a living, I would guess it's a nice 2500 or 250 depending on the badge.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The next best thing to not appearing to be a target is being a hard target - body armor, helmets, comms, binocs, rifles scattered throughout, TRAINING. Desperate people will attack any target of opportunity, even one trying to go gray, but may think twice if it looks like too much work and risk.

5.56 is nice, but .308 turns cover into concealment. In our Indiana wooded landscape, I'd prefer something that will cut through the undergrowth (and engine blocks).

Thermal is awesome.

Top Bottom