• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    Just over heard a few guys talking. They said something about more than 6 guns and you have to get an ffl license. I misunderstood them.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Gotta luv they way you all treat the new guy. Give yourself a pat on the back.

There is no limit as to the numbers of firearms you can purchase in a year.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You misheard them. They were discussing how many you can sell without having to have an FFL yourself, not how many you can buy.

The answer is there is no set number though in either case. The President did some sabre rattling with en executive order saying he was going after unlicensed dealers which is where that number six probably came from. As far as I know though there has been no slew of arrests as promised though. The ATF just doesn't have the manpower to go after every Armslist flipper.

There are no purchase limits in the state of Indiana, and I don't think there has been any serious talk on them at the state or federal level for quite some time.

Buy all the guns you want no worry.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe there is also an ATFE regulation, requiring FFL's to report a single purchase of 5 or more handguns at one time. I believe this regulation was extended to 5 or more rifles in some border states.

Only the ATFE is allowed to straw purchase and walk guns into Mexico.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard the ten day cool off period will be shortened to five for domestic battery victims.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Just over heard a few guys talking. They said something about more than 6 guns and you have to get an ffl license. I misunderstood them.

It was a good question, welcome to INGO. There's good info here, sometimes you have to sift through a lot of useless comments to get to it. Happy shooting and keep safe.

Top Bottom