• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    It's the color of the card that the State of Indiana gives you, well you have to pay for it first, that allows you to legally carry a handgun.

Oh ok i was confused. I was thinking of applying for it just so its easier to transport it when i wanna shoot but i dont know how long i will live in Indy.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I voted for Mccain in 08 and a straight Red ticket in 2012 except for president. I did vote for Obama.
    :facepalm:

I'd say you're in the minority there too :D

I feel naked without my .45, but not everyone here feels the need to carry daily. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

My Wife rarely leaves home without her's either.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ill admit that I havent been carrying latley....

Mostly because I had a massive brain fart and let my LTCH expire. Im currently awaiting the arival of my new lifetime permit.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Shouldn't this be in the Carry Forum?

As for your choice OP, it's your choice.

Not knowing what an LTCH is and or the color means you can't legally cary anyway..

As for minority, I would guess you are but hey, it's a choice, be armed or not.. Talking your way out of an armed hold up would be something..

Shoot your SR9c all you can, get good at defending yourself at home at least, oh and an unloaded gun double locked isn't much help if someone kicks in your door.

TJ

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hey I am fairly new here and have kind of a random question. I picked up myfirst Pistol around 5 months ago, a SR9C, and have absolutely no desire tocarry. Now I am not against people carrying and I am glad that those do carry Ijust don't really feel it necessary to try to dress around a gun or have one on me. Is that pretty common or am I a minority?

It's ok to be square.
    It's just not hip around here.

You're definitely in the minority. Are you sure you belong on this forum? Just askin.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I sometimes keep at least one pistol in my vehicle in a locked box since the pink car hasn't shown up yet. Nothing illegal with that and at least I have SOMETHING.

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Shouldn't this be in the Carry Forum?

As for your choice OP, it's your choice.

Not knowing what an LTCH is and or the color means you can't legally cary anyway..

As for minority, I would guess you are but hey, it's a choice, be armed or not.. Talking your way out of an armed hold up would be something..

Shoot your SR9c all you can, get good at defending yourself at home at least, oh and an unloaded gun double locked isn't much help if someone kicks in your door.

TJ

Yeah i know i cant legally carry it. I have an 870 for the house

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    It's ok to be square.
    It's just not hip around here.

You're definitely in the minority. Are you sure you belong on this forum? Just askin.

I didnt know you had to tote a gun everywhere you go to enjoy them and learn about them?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    OK, I'll bite. Then why the SR9c? I used to carry one...had loads of issues with it and sold it. Only reason I bought it was for carry. It's an awefully small gun for "fun" unless you have the regular 15 round mag, but then the additional plastic adapter pinched the hands. Felt more comfy putting the little pinky thingy on the small mags.

Anyway, just curious. At that price range, and if you had no ambition to carry, you could have purchased, well, a SR9 full size.

And honestly, because the internet cannot sense certain things, I'm not asking to be a jag...just an honest inquiry.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    OK, I'll bite. Then why the SR9c? I used to carry one...had loads of issues with it and sold it. Only reason I bought it was for carry. It's an awefully small gun for "fun" unless you have the regular 15 round mag, but then the additional plastic adapter pinched the hands. Felt more comfy putting the little pinky thingy on the small mags.

Anyway, just curious. At that price range, and if you had no ambition to carry, you could have purchased, well, a SR9 full size.

And honestly, because the internet cannot sense certain things, I'm not asking to be a jag...just an honest inquiry.
    ive noticed girls like the feel of a compact more than my 4.25 m&p. maybe he is a girl or small hands

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012

I went to Gander and bought the first one that felt right in my hand. It came with the bigger mag and the smaller one.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Hey I am fairly new here and have kind of a random question. I picked up myfirst Pistol around 5 months ago, a SR9C, and have absolutely no desire tocarry. Now I am not against people carrying and I am glad that those do carry Ijust don't really feel it necessary to try to dress around a gun or have one on me. Is that pretty common or am I a minority?

Check back a year from now and tell us all about your favorite IWB holster. I came to guns a bit later in life myself, I remember the first time a buddy pulled his out and I was shocked. I couldn't believe he had one, didn't know why he needed one.

The longer you're around guns and the more comfortable you become, it won't be long before you're packing.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I don't carry much, but that's because if I leave the house it's only to (a) take the kids to school - have to go inside to drop off, (b) pick the kids up from school - again, have to go inside, or (c) I'm going to Canada for my job - that one should be self explanatory. That being said, when I'm in my office at home the gun IS right next to me.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010

Well I'm not going to try and convince anyone to carry all I can tell you is why I carry.

There are rare instances where people are very crazy and dangerous. They will harm me and my family if allowed. Carrying something on my person regularly whether it be a stun gun, pepper spray, a whip, a firearm etc. is a small price to pay to potentially save me or my loved ones from harm.

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Check back a year from now and tell us all about your favorite IWB holster. I came to guns a bit later in life myself, I remember the first time a buddy pulled his out and I was shocked. I couldn't believe he had one, didn't know why he needed one.

The longer you're around guns and the more comfortable you become, it won't be long before you're packing.

I have been around guns for awhile. I have been in the guard for almost eight years and did two tours overseas. I just never really "got" into guns until recently.

Top Bottom