• REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    I dont carry...

1: i don't own a pistol
    2: i commute to the peoples republic of IL every day and then just right back home
    3: i don't have my LTCH yet

:D HTH

justknapping

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Nashville
    I carried fairly regular from 18-24 then had kids and kinda stopped carrying with any predictablilty changed jobs 2 years ago and now I carry anytime I'm away from the house. I rarely carry around the house as I hate to work around a holster if I'm gardening etc. but yeah for a while I rarely ever got em out then things changed. So while you may not carry now you never know something could change in your life or just your view point and you may want to carry 24/7. FWIW

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    GunKidding_zps08b4bbac.jpg

Stay Safe, My Friend.

BellBottomBlues

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I can't imagine not carrying! Since the day that I got a gun I have never left the house without it. Well I take that back I left once and got down the road a bit then felt naked and had to go back.:draw:

growler46901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I don't carry yet because I'm still waiting on my LTCH. I imagine the first few times out of the house packing, will feel like going to a nude beach. But, I will get use to it and in this case, I can always buy a bigger one!!

Scottie1317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Welcome to INGO.

I got the lifetime license and carry most of the time. I'm not paranoid, but I consider my Concealed Carry Weapon or CCW like a seat belt. I don't expect to get into a wreck , and will try to avoid it any way I can, but if it happens I want the best protection I can get.

Many I know have the license and don't carry and that's fine, it's a personal choice. I'm not looking to be a hero, but I am a cool headed person who does well in high stress situations. I'm accurate and fast with a gun since it was my primary hobby for many years. Every time I see a shooting happen I reflect on how vulnerable I would feel without my gun, and kind of wish I had been there. Not for publicity, or a pat on the back, or even a chance to get shot myself, but there's a fair chance I could have prevented a lot of unnecessary dead people. Kind of like a lifeguard who sees a drowning victim on the news, or a doctor who reads about a person who dies from something they could have probably kept from happening. I don't worry what other people think, and I don't constantly dwell on the idea I might need it today, but it not only makes me feel safer, it makes me safer.

I do know a lot of people who have the license but only carry on occasion. If the riots broke out tomorrow, or a Katrina type disaster occurred it would be a little late to apply for a license and wait for it to come in. Many who do a lot of hiking fishing, or other outdoor activities only carry when they are in these remote isolated place. The rest of the time it stays home. It does make going shooting a little easier since you don't need to worry about a lot of the regulations on if it's loaded or not, but I believe this only applies to the handguns. It's kind of like the painter Bob Ross use to say "It's your world".

Good Points made

I would imagine that if anything like that if anything like Katrina hit us Iwould be activated anyway so I guess I would be carrying

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    When I first started carrying I felt like everyone was staring at me! Since I knew I had a gun on me I assumed everyone else knew too. I am now over that and could give two :poop: about it.

Now that I have been carrying for almost two years, I feel naked not carrying.

In this day in age with crime being on the rise, I would carry!

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    When I first started carrying I felt like everyone was staring at me! Since I knew I had a gun on me I assumed everyone else knew too. I am now over that and could give two :poop: about it.

Now that I have been carrying for almost two years, I feel naked not carrying.

In this day in age with crime being on the rise, I would carry!

I started carrying about 2 weeks ago and I feel exactly how you felt. I could have sworn this guy was starring directly at my G19 through my jacket. My friends usually carry too, and I feel like they're always printing, but it's just because I know it's there. I guess it's something that you just get used to.

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    I don't carry 95% of the time for the simple reason that I live in the People's Republik of Illinois. The 5% carry I do is when I visit the free state of Indiana. Thank you for being such good neighbors.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I don't carry 95% of the time for the simple reason that I live in the People's Republik of Illinois. The 5% carry I do is when I visit the free state of Indiana. Thank you for being such good neighbors.

Do you have an IN LTCH or do you have another that we honor?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It seems like we're losing focus in this thread, so here's what I want from everyone:

1. Only respond if you do not carry.
    2. Post a picture.
    3. Identify the situations when you are likely to have the most cash on you.
    4. Give the time, date and address in reference to #3 above.

Thank you.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    It seems like we're losing focus in this thread, so here's what I want from everyone:

1. Only respond if you do not carry.
    2. Post a picture.
    3. Identify the situations when you are likely to have the most cash on you.
    4. Give the time, date and address in reference to #3 above.

Thank you.

RoflLg.gif

Top Bottom