How many is too many, when it comes to rounds through your carry gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Just another reason to inspect your weapons every time you clean them. For a carry gun, might not be a bad idea to do that once a week.

I would not give up on Glock. They have too good a track record for this to mean anything other than.. any gun can fail. They are imperfect manufactured devices, designed by imperfect people using imperfect materials and imperfect measuring methods.

Blasphemy! Glocks are perfect and do not fail the OP was clearly doing something wrong!

This entire thread reminds of a sign I once saw. It said "Clock repair" but looked like "Glock repair", which prompted me to think "Wow, how has he managed to stay in business?".

Anyways, there is no real amount. I try to shoot my carry guns at least once every other week, and at least 100 rounds of my carry ammo. I dont stress out about performance figures on ammo, and would rather carry something that I am familiar with and have practiced with, but that is just my :twocents:. I inspect any gun I am going to carry weekly, and if I have any issue I wont carry it until my confidence is restored in it.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My genII G17 has well over 30,000rds thru it, I replace every spring in the gun every 6000rds. (I have actually stretched this interval a few times to 8000rds.)

The only failure this gun has every had was related to ammo.

One of the greatest benefits to using a Glock platform gun, is that anybody can service it and factory parts are cheap and plentiful.

All guns require some sort of maintenance, just keep that in mind. Hell, for about $100 you can buy enough springs to do regular upkeep for the next 20,000rds.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Does it run all the time?
    Does it group 2 inches or less at 25 yards.
    Then shoot it and carry it until the answer is no.

Top Bottom