• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I hate to be negative, but I see this as being a record year for ND's at the show. With the shear number of people, and the hype of everybody wanting to get into guns, I would be shocked if there wasn't any.

I certainly hope I am wrong, because with the extra thick crowd, it will increase the likelihood of an injury. There are typically at least one per year, isn't there?

I'm guessing there will be 3 this year.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    if there are three ND look for the city/state to shut down the show based upon safety. The level of ignorance related to fire-arm safety in this country never fails to amaze me. It's four rules!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    They were NON-gunshop vendors.

The guys that setup a table for their personal collection.

I dont think a FFL has ever had a ND here in Indy, but thats just my recollection.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the next few years is going to have a surge in gun accidents of all sorts, with the fear of a ban people who had not thought about really owning a gun run out and buy one.. they have not been around them a lot, they don't know good ways to handle them or store them.. their kids do not know how to be safe..
    This is the result of making the gun a "bad" thing.. people do not take the time during calm times to learn about them..

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Dan the promoter has however found 01 FFL's with loaded firearms in the show (usually personal sidearms) which is clearly a policy violation and these folks are asked to leave and never come back.

I was standing about 15 feet from the last ND I can recall about 2 years ago, the guy was showing how to disassemble his G22.

I am usually at all the shows all three days most of the day and ND's are not common fortunately and if they were like gopurdue said Dan would have a huge PR problem.

RGR12

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I doesn't matter how many people are there. it seems there is always that one person in every crowd.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    I was present for the dealer ND that took place a couple summers ago. My buddy and I were literally the two closest people to the guy. Talk about ways to make a large crowd pin-drop silent.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    You would think that with such a surge in first time gun owners, instructors would be popping out of no where to cash in and help train these folks...:-) I'm just saying!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    You would think that with such a surge in first time gun owners, instructors would be popping out of no where to cash in and help train these folks...:-) I'm just saying!

And the ISP has officers of higher rank carrying safety cards to reinforce good habits in their underlings, due to all the ND's their trained people have been having.

Had a Sky Marshall bring in a loaded rifle for bore sighting, swore it wasn't loaded.

Even certified instructors can flub it.

Trust no one. Not even yourself. Triple check.

Top Bottom