• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Proteq would definitely work for me.

Hmmm. I may shoot CM a message and see how he works all of it out. I know Don also so I may speak with him first. My guess is that I'll wait until after the September meet up shoot to try and set something up. Plus I'll need to talk to Don obviously. I would really like to do it though for sure! I'll try and jump on figuring that out next month. Maybe Spring time would work best so it's not last minute for people and we should have sufficient time to get the word out.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hmmm. I may shoot CM a message and see how he works all of it out. I know Don also so I may speak with him first. My guess is that I'll wait until after the September meet up shoot to try and set something up. Plus I'll need to talk to Don obviously. I would really like to do it though for sure! I'll try and jump on figuring that out next month. Maybe Spring time would work best so it's not last minute for people and we should have sufficient time to get the word out.

Don has generally been pretty open to doing INGO events out there, but he is a stickler for planning ahead. Spring might make the best sense, as it gives plenty of time to get the schedule in place.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just got an Allen Engineering AEM5 for my mk12s delivered to parabelum, and a surefire socom rc is an route to them. First 2 nfa items of mine. 41f isn't gonna stop me from badass crap ;)

Also thinking of pulling the trigger on a Rugged Obsidian 45 and a KAC NT4 very soon.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I love the idea of a suppressed INGO shoot! I could bring a Mask 22 (with pistol and rifle hosts) and a Sandman S (with precision rifle host).

We will have to run it by Don, I'm really wanting to do it also. I'd like to see what he thinks when we are out there on Sunday and then probably will go from there.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just got my first. DeadAir Sandman-S suppressor.

Congrats man!

Have you had a chance to shoot with it? What are your thoughts? I'm looking for a 30 cal can and leaning towards DeadAir.

I really like it! I think there are more quiet options out there (a lot of first time buyers just want the most quiet thing). But it's not like the sandman is loud, especially after shooting the sandman k. It seems to have less back pressure when compared to my SiCo Omega. I was just out shooting some 300blk subs the other day and there is also a little bit of noticeable first round pop. However, it suppresses everything under hearing safe, it is one heck of a durable can, the tone is indeed deeper than others, and the attachment system is the best as far as I am concerned. I love dead air products, I just bought another, and I'd buy two more tomorrow if I wasn't wanting to buy expensive guns and night vision gear more than I "need" another can. If you bought an S I think you'd be happy with it for sure. It kind of holds that sweet spot between lengths and is a good performer. Plus the QD lock up is so solid I never give it a thought which is a huge plus in my book. *Edit* Check with your LGS before buying too, I know that my shop is like $80 cheaper than Silencer Shop. Dead Air I know had issues with them at one point (like SilencerCo) due to them under pricing and screwing local dealers, so it's nice to see a company that cares too.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Do you think a 24" barrel bolt-action .308 would be hearing-safe with my Sandman S? Now that I don't have a Tavor, but do have a precision rifle, I've found myself wishing I'd bought the L, instead.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Do you think a 24" barrel bolt-action .308 would be hearing-safe with my Sandman S? Now that I don't have a Tavor, but do have a precision rifle, I've found myself wishing I'd bought the L, instead.

I think it will be just fine. I don't own a meter, but it sure seems good to go to me. I've shot on a Ruger Precision rifle and it was fine. The bolt action portion is what saves you there, you've got a 24" barrel and the length of the action and the can between the noise and your ear too. So long as you aren't shooting out of the back of a truck or indoors or something you'll certainly be good. Out in an open field it is super nice, if you are surrounded by walls or covered over head the sonic crack is perceivably louder but not insane either.
    I shoot out in an open field and I've never felt the need to wear hearing protection at all, shooing out of a truck bed however it does become more sharp but nothing terrible, you'll just have to judge that for yourself. I really do want to hear an L on a bolt gun though! I thought the weight would deter some guys, but it seems to be a popular precision gun option for a lot of guys out there. I'm sure your S will suppress it fine, it may not be as quiet as an L but it'll be safe at the ear. *edit* I forgot to add that I saw silencer shop did a test with a Rem700 bolt gun in 308 with a barrel shorter than 24" and it was 136db at the ear. In addition to that it seemed their db findings were higher than those reported by others I've seen too. I know on a 24" someone was showing a touch under 140 at the muzzle so much less at the ear and certainly safe. Suppressed bolt guns is where it's at!

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thanks for that... think I'm gonna order an L soon, too.

Sweet! I just filed on K, and it sounds very good for it's size it's unbelievable. Sounds great on my 300blk and it keeps it unbelievably short (2.9" beyond the muzzle device they say). I'm really wanting to try out an L, I'm going to shoot the Wolverine soon, and I'm hoping the Wolf9SD. If you ffl lets you shoot it be sure and report what you think.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXtsJRqD-yL/?taken-by=thefuninlife
    There is a video, be careful though if you check one out you may order more than just the L.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Dead Air mask anyone? Want a killer 22 can, since I have bought 3 556 cans already.

I've got 2 of them, I'm very happy with mine. They are heavy for a 22 can (not that they are heavy though) but other than that I see no downside at all. I seem to learn toward the stainless steel over aluminum cans but it's not like it's heavy, just next to an aluminum you'll know it is all. Very quiet no first round pop to speak of and taking it apart even when it's insanely dirty is a breeze. You most certainly will not regret buying it! It'll be a lot easier to swallow than the knights can too, they are salty!

Top Bottom