How many of you really have the balls...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As soon as I hit POST I realized I was wrong.

I would like to think ENOUGH of us do...

Me too Cozy, me too. However I think there will be more that 3%. I know there weren't many back in the mid 1770s that fought for the Freedom we once had. Most were either neutral or fought for King George III.

However, I think the first responsibilty of a young man and woman (as husband and wife) is to their family, ie children. If no children, then please fight the good fight with us. If you have responsibilities on the Farm, in Factories, in Hospitals, then help as you can.

From the Sipsey Street Irregulars:

“They will shoot you,” said my new friend, immediately getting to the crux of the matter.

“Yes, they must,” I replied reasonably. “It is what they do. That’s the ultimate threat behind every federal infringement. ‘Do this or we will shoot you.‘ But THEY must fire first. There must be no Fort Sumters. THEY must cede the moral high ground.”

I am an older veteran. I am not in good physical health. I can not march long distances, run any distance at all nor carry a heavy load. However, I can teach. I can take orders as well as give them. I can keep the back door closed. I've put my life on the line for My Country before. I'll do it again if called upon.

If called upon are three key words. I will not die a stupid mans death, that is what we want the tyranist to do. However, neither will I die a cowards death. When it is my time to pass to the next world, I will do so with honor. If my job is to hold a line in-order to allow others to move to higher ground, I guarantee no one will get by me without me taking a few poor souls with me.

I plan on having Jesus with me. I have no fear. When I meet God for my final judgement, I hope Jesus will say, Father, this Veteran is with me. He gave his life so others could live. He helped save his country from tyrany. Father, please let this Soul into Heaven.

Well, my words go too long, but I do feel better. 40 years ago in 1973 I lost some good friends that I am missing very much right now. Forgive me for my melancholy state mind, I get better. I always do.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Me too Cozy, me too. However I think there will be more that 3%. I know there weren't many back in the mid 1770s that fought for the Freedom we once had. Most were either neutral or fought for King George III.

However, I think the first responsibilty of a young man and woman (as husband and wife) is to their family, ie children. If no children, then please fight the good fight with us. If you have responsibilities on the Farm, in Factories, in Hospitals, then help as you can.

“They will shoot you,” said my new friend, immediately getting to the crux of the matter.

“Yes, they must,” I replied reasonably. “It is what they do. That’s the ultimate threat behind every federal infringement. ‘Do this or we will shoot you.‘ But THEY must fire first. There must be no Fort Sumters. THEY must cede the moral high ground.”

I am an older veteran. I am not in good physical health. I can not march long distances, run any distance at all nor carry a heavy load. However, I can teach. I can take orders as well as give them. I can keep the back door closed. I've put my life on the line for My Country before. I'll do it again if called upon.

If called upon are three key words. I will not die a stupid mans death, that is what we want the tyranist to do. However, neither will I die a cowards death. When it is my time to pass to the next world, I will do so with honor. If my job is to hold a line in-order to allow others to move to higher ground, I guarantee no one will get by me without me taking a few poor souls with me.

I plan on having Jesus with me. I have no fear. When I meet God for my final judgement, I hope Jesus will say, Father, this Veteran is with me. He gave his life so others could live. He helped save his country from tyrany. Father, please let this Soul into Heaven.

Well, my words go too long, but I do feel better. 40 years ago in 1973 I lost some good friends that I am missing very much right now. Forgive me for my melancholy state mind, I get better. I always do.

I am right there with you .... 56 year old Ret., DAV., I'll stand beside you to support you, and would like the same in return .....:yesway:

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    I would like to thinks so as well. How about the 3% actually march on Washington? We have just witnessed what 3% can do in Egypt with out being armed.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Amen and amen VN! Us old dogs can, and will, hold the line together when we are called. I'd be proud to stand beside you.

My sig line states "Dormant U.S. Marine" because "once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine".
    Semper Fidelis fellow veterans.

If the powers that be know what's best, they'll "...let sleeping Devil-Dogs lie".

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    One of my favorite sayings has been "I've always had more balls than brains", but I think the issue here is long term conviction based on principle, as the road is a long one from where we stand.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana

thank you for your service and dedication!!!

I don't see why. I am not looking to start some uprising or crazed violent march.

What I am referring to here is that there are non-violent means to following the constitution and maintaining the republic for what it is supposed to stand for.

Realistically, there are only every two options. Yes and no, Stand or Don't, Follow or Lead.

If we as citizens, as people taking and using Rights that we "claim" we have yet are giving away to a much too powerful federal government, we have this tendency and propensity for whining and complaining when things don't go the way they should. We are supposed to be making a country better for our children, afterall, as each generation succeeds the next, they group up, adopt, and pass on what they learn to accept from the world they live in.

While I don't doubt that most of us do the right thign and petition, sign, call, and harrass our State representatives in areas of our concern, they don't do much because it is coming from every which direction. What if we used a group process to show how alligned we are to the areas of concern? If for instance 3% of Indiana (roughly 2000 people per county) came together, legally, and petitioned our representatives as a whole community? How much stronger would our cause for a better Indiana would there be?

If you're afraid of the "list" let's be real. You have a State issued ID, credit cards, bank accounts, cell phone, registered car, registered firearm, State Issued permits, etc etc etc etc etc, the list can go on. You ARE on the list, what else is there to fear? If you aren't liked by Big Brother, they can and will do whatever they want anyway. At least do something good for others and for the future, but do it as a whole.

That's all I was saying.

Besides, in the end, if the powers that be don't like it and want to stomp it out, they will then have to do it to a very large number of citizens, which in turn, will spark something in others everywhere else. A massive domino effect that, in the end, will truly decide the future. At some point, true colors will have to show.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    While I know many here have experiences outside the U.S.A. and have awareness of other lands, many don't, and many of either category find it difficult to comprehend the way daily life is in some of those places. Sure pundits point to how wonderful some of the EU nations are and hold them up as better than our homeland, but life even for the more calm nations is still not the same as here. You might get an automatic six weeks of vacation for any job in some of those nations, but those people do NOT have the same level of Freedom that at least we started with, and hope to retain.

Some folks are worried about becoming one of the bad examples, like say Syria. How many people have been killed in Syria in the last 36 months? People think they don't want to live like that, not realizing that we will end up that way if changes are not brought about. Sure it COULD take a long time for things to change to that degree, but it really wouldn't take much for our economy to tank in a huge way. Not talking Great Depression, talking 100 times worse. And if an actual economic collapse were to happen soon, the snowball would grow quickly. People with political power always think the answer to a problem is for them to have more power.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

At 63 years old I do not run jump or fetch much these days. I am dismantling the bug out bag and just putting everything in a nice tote as the wife and I have no illusions of walking anywhere if we find ourselves in the "S"
    My point here is much the same as yours, I have been taught by those who served and did so with honor and bravery. I have passed those teachings and more onto my sons and some other young men and woman who had the patience to listen.
    I will stand my ground if need be. Those I have taught will stand it by my side. If needed, really needed we will be there.

Thank you for your sacrifices for us. Yes, for us.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    While I know many here have experiences outside the U.S.A. and have awareness of other lands, many don't, and many of either category find it difficult to comprehend the way daily life is in some of those places. Sure pundits point to how wonderful some of the EU nations are and hold them up as better than our homeland, but life even for the more calm nations is still not the same as here. You might get an automatic six weeks of vacation for any job in some of those nations, but those people do NOT have the same level of Freedom that at least we started with, and hope to retain.

Some folks are worried about becoming one of the bad examples, like say Syria. How many people have been killed in Syria in the last 36 months? People think they don't want to live like that, not realizing that we will end up that way if changes are not brought about. Sure it COULD take a long time for things to change to that degree, but it really wouldn't take much for our economy to tank in a huge way. Not talking Great Depression, talking 100 times worse. And if an actual economic collapse were to happen soon, the snowball would grow quickly. People with political power always think the answer to a problem is for them to have more power.

Agreed. Look at the bail outs occurring all over the world. The economic shift due to war activities. The presumption of our own healthcare reform.
    The turn for the worst started decades ago, but because of our system, which still, thank god, runs off of the consititution the change is occuring at a dramatically reduced rate from the checks and balances system. Unfortunately, as it deteriorates with every new law and reform, the slope steepens. Every year after Obamacare takes effect is going to be worse than the last and its only going to be a matter of time before our economy simply plunges. At that point, then what? How many more ignorant cries will there be when we all could be doing something about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I think the firewall is the legion of those who have served this great nation. It is the sworn duty of a great many to defend and uphold the Constitution. Most vets are very vigilant and have a sharp eye to abuses. Not much will slide before the outcry is heard. We will all do our part if called and won't shy from the responsibility! We are the failsafe of freedom and know all to well the face of tyranny when we see it! :patriot:

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Ohhhh I have no doubt our firewall of vets and active duty will hold down the fort, I just want to see us, the general public who know better, do our part, but do it with common sense. The best impression is the first impression. Rally up, make our vote truly count for something, and if it doesn't, then take it to the next step and hit up the media, expose what is wrong with a majority. Someone is going to have to listen, and if they choose another route, the media will be all over them like hotcakes. Call the bluff is what I'm saying.

Top Bottom