How many own and or carry any of the HK P7 pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    I would love to hear from anyone who owns or has owned any of the HK P7 pistols. I just purchased my first one this past week ( HK P7 PSP) and I have fallen in love with it. I have always carried a Glock and or Kahr as my primary firearm but I could see this gun working its way in there. I would love just to hear thoughts and opinions good :yesway: or bad :noway:. Thanks.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    A year or so ago I had a grade B P7 that was imported from Lower Saxony, it was an interesting gun and I did enjoy shooting it. But cleaning was different then what I am used too.. and I couldn't justify the cost on magazines compared to what I pay with my other handguns..so I ended up trading it.

It's still an interesting gun with a cult following from what I have been told. But if you want a real answer talk to Colt556, he is a big fan of the P7.;)

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been carrying a P7M8 on and off for about 30 years now, the past 20 or so in a Ken Null horsehide holster.

p7null.jpg

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I bought two of the Grade B Saxony trade ins a couple or three years ago.

Interesting pistol, extremely well made. I carried one for awhile, put the other one away.

Not sure exactly why, but I ended up not liking them quite as much as I thought I would. Ended up keeping one, trading one away for a S&W 686.

Not planning on getting rid of the remaining gun, but I suppose I could be persuaded with the right bait.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I would love to hear from anyone who owns or has owned any of the HK P7 pistols. I just purchased my first one this past week ( HK P7 PSP) and I have fallen in love with it. I have always carried a Glock and or Kahr as my primary firearm but I could see this gun working its way in there. I would love just to hear thoughts and opinions good :yesway: or bad :noway:. Thanks.

I bought two H & K P7M13, one I haven't shot & the other I don't shoot well:dunno:

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    P7 Lower saxony, often called a "PSP" (technically PSP is one of the comercial guns) is one of my primary EDCs. They tend to be a love or hate platform, and do have a very strong following. I fall into the love camp, phenominal reliability and arguably unmatched "intrinsic" accuracy for its size. I have yet to find anything this compact that shoots as well (for me). Unique operating systems makes for a very safe carry mode, along with an excellent trigger pull. Build quality is what you would expect for a weapon adopted by German counter terror units, it has been said that it was discontinued because it was too @#$# expensive to produce at a profit. No doubt there are "more modern" designs that have greater capacity and lighter weight such as the Glock 26, but FOR ME the accuracy and operating method trumps weight and capacity. And hey even JMBs apostle Jeff Cooper liked it and that is saying something.

Downsides:
    Heavy, only 9 rounds, holsters are not "easy" to pick up (though Sparks, TT, Alessi etc all make stellar rigs), and mags/parts come at the HK premium.

Find me a more reliable, accurate in my hands, better built, more compact 9mm and I will trade my P7 in half a heartbeat. Until then it is my 9 of choice for civilian carry.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Two PSPs and a P7M8 here. Had a P7M13 years ago and didn't like it much at all. The P7 is probably the safest pistol to carry loaded in the world and a very accurate gun for having such a short barrel. It gets a little "warm" after much shooting b/c of it's gas operated system but for popping off a few mags at a time it's not bad. I love mine and prefer the older PSP b/c of it's smaller size. Great guns IMO. :yesway:
    IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I had a P7 for a little while.

It shot OK, but I honestly didn't find it anything spectacular.

I sold it (or was it traded??) not too long after I bought it. Nothing wrong with it, just didn't do anything for me.

-J-

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Actually for there small size the barrel is not short (4.1'')

I have a P7 that is in my EDC rotation and a NIB (safe queen) M13 that is a very rare specimen. I will pick up another P7 when I can.

Top Bottom