How many times would this guy have been shot here in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    People pull stunts like this and wonder why things are as bad as they are in the world. To be honest the guy playing the perp was lucky he didn't get killed by someone who carries.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    That was an incredibly stupid, dangerous game regardless of the point that they were trying to make. Someone could have been seriously hurt. Knowing now that it was a prank, I think that they should have both gotten their arses whipped.

But I have to admit that the fire extinguisher was a nice touch. If only a tazer had been used this video could have won 3 :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance: from loudpedal. Instead it only gets 2 :poop::poop:.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    The guy playing the criminal would've met my 2 friends, a Mr.Smith and a Mr.Wesson. These are guys are going to learn one day that a fool and his life are soon parted.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can I coin a new phrase here?

You've heard of suicide by cop, well I'm going to call this little episode, and ones like it, "stupicide" Death by stupidity. He may not be dead yet, but it's only a matter of time acting like that.

TravisJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Muncie/Ft. Wayne, IN
    Even if I was unarmed, "gun free zones", I would still like to think I would have kicked that guy in the face. Surprising how many people ran or watched or even took out their phones to record it (not dialing 911).

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    In this specific situtation the firearm would have been secondary

Primary weapon would have been a rt boot heal to his face and go from there

:twocents:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    What you guys are forgetting that you walked in to a situation ALREADY in progress. You don't know if the guy getting choked was the bad guy getting beat up when the choker was defending himself.

You don't shoot in situations like this UNLESS you were there at the start and is a witness on how it escalated.

The best action on this is just to call 911 and be a witness.

Can't believe the reaction here is shoot first. SMFH.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Anybody else think that the whole shebang might be fake, as in actors/actresses as the reacting people? It just seemed too staged. They had every reaction under the sun... not paying attention, videoing, woman fighting back, yelling, conveniently grabbing the fire extinguisher... I'm just not buying any of it.

Interesting note: I didn't realize "shebang" was a real word until my spell check didn't pick it up. Thank you, Firefox! :D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Good point happy but I would still have a hard time watching someone squeeze the life out of someone while waiting for the police. I can only witness so much before I would have to intervene.

My first thought too was a hit or kick to the head of the suspected BG. Like kick ball. A little run, jump, kick.

It would definitely be a good time to be carrying an ice cold fountain pop to splash in his face to hopefully shock him a little with the cold in hopes he would release his grip.

I was disappointed by how many people appeared to do absolutely nothing to intervene or help. That was pretty sad. This too is why I carry a gun. If this was an actual experiment and any indication of human nature, then we should all definitely be able to protect ourselves because we can't depend on anyone else to do it for us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    why would you shoot him? If he saw you pull a gun he would probably throw his hands up, not become a threat to you...

I honestly dont know if I would pull my gun or just kick him in the face... I mean his hands were occupied, and at the second I saw him, posed NO threat to me.

I really dont know... I dont think anyone does. Unless they've been in a high stress situation.

Would be hard to raise his hands when his gray matter has been aerated.
    Yes, hard to know ahead of time.

What you guys are forgetting that you walked in to a situation ALREADY in progress. You don't know if the guy getting choked was the bad guy getting beat up when the choker was defending himself.

You don't shoot in situations like this UNLESS you were there at the start and is a witness on how it escalated.

The best action on this is just to call 911 and be a witness.

Can't believe the reaction here is shoot first. SMFH.

Because a lot of people carry rope or garrots around for defense?
    Either rope or garrot cause serious damage in seconds.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I think my first reaction would have been to block the elevator door open with my foot and then to arm lock the top guys throat and squeeze until he either blacked out or his head popped off. On further reflection I would have likely drawn my weapon and ordered him to back off. If this didn't stop the altercation and after a couple of orders to stop I would have fired on the guy on top.

While my first instinct would NOT have been to fire I would have if the situation progressively worsened.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I would imagine a strong kick to the attackers head with a good boot would stop that situation. I mean here in winter time everyones wearing some pretty tuff boots, picture one of em planted in the dudes face, im bettin he stops his experiment while choking down all his knocked out teeth.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That is a VERY dangerous game to play.

My reaction (at least how I perceive I would act).

See someone choking someone else. Block elevator door to stay open. Draw handgun and keep at low ready while ordering attacker to get off other person. At same time attempt to pull out pepper spray and spray attacker if they didnt stop attacking. If that didn't work and the person being choked was about to black out or die I would use lethal force. (I'm wheelchair bound and will not intervene physically in most cases. I carry items such as pepper spray and extendable baton to keep distance and use as a deterant.)

I can't believe the reactions of some people on that video.

Top Bottom