How many times would this guy have been shot here in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Boy, some crazy reactions and non-actions there. Beating the perp on the head with a bouquet of flowers? Taking video and saying stop it? Trying to wrestle the garrot away from the victim's neck? Wrong end of a fire estinguisher?

My mindset, if not carrying, would have been a violent swift kick or heel plant on the perp's temple, face, neck, or head.
    i would of sprayed it then hit him with it

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    I would draw and give him about a half second to stop the attack, if no stop then bang, lights out.

What you guys are forgetting that you walked in to a situation ALREADY in progress. You don't know if the guy getting choked was the bad guy getting beat up when the choker was defending himself.

You don't shoot in situations like this UNLESS you were there at the start and is a witness on how it escalated.

The best action on this is just to call 911 and be a witness.

Can't believe the reaction here is shoot first. SMFH.
    i wouldnt shoot first but my gun would be drawn

That is a VERY dangerous game to play.

My reaction (at least how I perceive I would act).

See someone choking someone else. Block elevator door to stay open. Draw handgun and keep at low ready while ordering attacker to get off other person. At same time attempt to pull out pepper spray and spray attacker if they didnt stop attacking. If that didn't work and the person being choked was about to black out or die I would use lethal force. (I'm wheelchair bound and will not intervene physically in most cases. I carry items such as pepper spray and extendable baton to keep distance and use as a deterant.)

I can't believe the reactions of some people on that video.
    i passed out from heat exhaustion when i was younger one summer.woke up with a bloody nose and people just looking not willing to help me. people aint sh.....

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i wouldnt shoot first but my gun would be drawn

i passed out from heat exhaustion when i was younger one summer.woke up with a bloody nose and people just looking not willing to help me. people aint sh.....

Unfortunately I believe you. Once I was getting a haircut at a local great clips. An elderly lady that just finished her hair cut was walking towards the counter and literally passed out and fell over. I rushed over to her and helped her up and pulled a chair over for her to sit down. There were at least 10 people in the shop and nobody did a damn thing. She turned out to be all right except for a couple bruises. I asked to everyone "anyone going to help me here?" Nobody said or did anything. They all just froze and watched.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I can, I wouldn't rely upon the sheeple to defend me.

To them, that's a job for the police. I'm sure a few called the police and likely found it it was an experiment long before the police had chance to show up.

Unfortunately the sheep have overrun the country.

I am not a sheep and will not stand idly by while you or anyone has their lives endangered.

I wish we all looked after each other rather than sitting around waiting for help to arrive when it's too late.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I'd like to run this prank as a social experiment in the Chicago City Hall building.

Then we would watch these elected officials who disarmed everyone react.
    I wonder how they would feel, watching a man die before their eyes, knowing they'd taken away his best means of self-defense.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I certainly would have intervened. One of these days some "reality pranking" bull**** show is going to get someone killed. If you've seen the video with the elevator where the little girl pops out like a ghost and the guys knocks her out you know what I mean. It's only a matter of time.

I agree. My reaction would have been to intervene and at the level required to stop this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    why would you shoot him? If he saw you pull a gun he would probably throw his hands up, not become a threat to you...

I honestly dont know if I would pull my gun or just kick him in the face... I mean his hands were occupied, and at the second I saw him, posed NO threat to me.

I really dont know... I dont think anyone does. Unless they've been in a high stress situation.
    Legally, he doesn't have to pose a threat to YOU. It is legal to use deadly force to prevent someone from using deadly force against another (illegally) if I'm not mistaken.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd like to run this prank as a social experiment in the Chicago City Hall building.

Then we would watch these elected officials who disarmed everyone react.
    I wonder how they would feel, watching a man die before their eyes, knowing they'd taken away his best means of self-defense.

They do not care now......would not after the fact. They are convinced we are sheeple and need to be led by those (them) who are smarter than us.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Elevator Murder Experiment - What would YOU do?

First, watch this social experiment. Several cameras are put into place around an elevator and then roleplayers act out a fight/murder when people attempt to board the elevator. Watch the various reactions they receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6Jzh7SHRA

Now, ask yourself "who reacted appropriately?" "Who reacted poorly?"

Then ask yourself "How would I react?"

Unfortunately it's tough to know just how you would react unless you were actually shoved into that situation and experienced the kind of decision-making that is made under such stress.

This would be the perfect scenario to set up in force-on-force.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The guy with the fire extinguisher is a GENIUS.

Even though I can come up with a couple of good reasons for pictures I still think the guy taking a picture is a tool.

IMHO

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I would not interject myself physically into the altercation. Too big of a chance of losing my tactical advantage. What if I went down? No my response is to draw my weapon, without pointing the barrel yet. (I do not intend to destroy just yet) order them to stop with warnings about the use of force. If they continued the gun would be pointed at the aggressor. Only when I feel that thelife is about to be taken tldo I shoot.
    If they stop they will both be ordered to remain on the ground until th pd arrives to sort it out.

Top Bottom