• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • car53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Bloomington
    How much of my stripped lower receiver can I assemble before I get my stamp? Since you can buy a fully assembled lower can I install the trigger group and stock while I wait?

car53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'd use them but they are back logged 4 week not including the shipping time. There is a guy who goes by Purple72 who said he does it but that was from a post in 2009 and i cant PM until i have 15 posts. I think he is out of the Richmond area. Actually shooter, you posted on the same thread.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    About building a pistol...
    You are certainly legal to build it as a pistol until your stamp comes back, and then just throw a stock on it. Just one thing... don't have the stock around while you're waiting. Either hold off on ordering it or give it to a friend to hold until your stamp comes back.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    does it not have to be registered as a pistol to be a pistol? i ordered mine as a pistol without markings and pistol buffer tube. i will put a stock on it once i get the stamp back.

laser scrib in indy is doing my engraving. they were 35 bucks and said a week. dropped it off to them on wed 23rd of feb, so we will see

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    iI have a new RRA pistol buffer kit 4 sale if you want. I ended up going 14.5" w/ a pinned 1.5" comp. I'll just use mine as a riffle until I get a stamp. PM me if interested.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The way I understand it a stripped lower can be built into a rifle or a pistol. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Firearms aren't "registered". Receivers are transfered to you as receivers, and can be either a pistol or a rifle, just not both. You can build a virgin lower as a pistol and you can later change it to a rifle. You can also build it as a rifle. Once it is a rifle, it can't go back.

You are perfectly legal to build your SBR as a pistol until your stamp comes back. Then throw the stock on it and have a good time!

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    when you get your stripped lower and your ffl calls in for approvel on the purchase you must decide if it is a pistol or a rifle at least thats the way they did mine. if you already purchased it and the dealer said it was a rifle then your out of luck going to a pistol right?

Top Bottom