• ...and so much more!
  • KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    damage to re-use a broadhead?

I use Grim Reaper 3 blade fixed broadheads. I put one through a doe last weekend and upon cleaning and inspection of it last evening, I noticed the tip is a little bit damaged from the impact. The blades themselves are fine and sharpened up nicely with the Sharpmaker.

What do you guys do - one deer and off to the practice squad with it or do you sharpen them up and straighten them out and put them back in service?

I'm confident the blades will cut, but I'm slightly worried about the tip in terms of both aerodynamics and penetration ability.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've got a g5 Montec head that has taken 5 whitetail and an elk. And it's currently in the #1 slot in my quiver. I'll cry the day I lose that head. I actually caught myself last weekend passing up shots at does where I didnt know for sure I'd get my arrow back!!

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I say target practice with it to verify its flight, and if good, resharpen and hunt with it. Both deer I shot this year were with the same arrow, although I used different broadheads. Next season I'll be using the same heads with new replacement blades.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    All of my arrows are stained with blood and I have had the same heads on for a few years. I just resharpen and go back out. I dont remember the last time I changed heads or even cleaned the blood of my arrow.

Top Bottom