• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    As folks are wondering about ammo prices and the market, I thought I would see what everyones oppinion is on there needs and wants before they will not feel the need to make a trip to to check on ammo supply. I realize that most of us are out shooting so the need changes weekly but how many rounds of what cal. would appease your purchasing needs

This is not a post to judge how much a person has or what we think someones needs should be. I am trying to understand what YOU think your own needs are and how much more is needed to fullfil those needs. It might help to know how the market will play out for the next few months

I have about

1500 22LR would like about 3000
    1100 9mm would like about 2000
    100 12ga this is enough for now

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I load it as I need it. I'd say with the exception of a lot more .44 mag suitable bullets plus the same for a couple of other calibers, I have always been set. Once I am able to cast more reliably, meaning once the weather planes out some, bullets won't be an issue either.

I don't feel a strong desire to have a hure stockpile of things to fee safe.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Lots of variables in this equation. How much do you shoot? Do you reload? How many different calibers do you have? Future availability of components and loaded rounds and on and on. From my observation it is a personal decision as to how much is enough.
    But some people are forgetting that there are other things that can be just as important.

Boring2u

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Right now I only have a 9mm, so I'd like to have at least 1,000 rds on hand. I was considering buying a 22 to have a cheap plinker, but nothing is really cheap right now. If I was buying based off pure availability, I may need to go grab a 12ga.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Probably have enough to make it until mid-summer at normal shooting frequency/volume, but want at least double that ... and will get there once things start flowing again.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I would like about 500 bullets for 44 and 44/40, and about 1,500 bullets for 9mm, although that's not really necessary. For my various hunting/target-shooting rifles, I'm good through 2013, at the very least. For some of my rifles, I'm good through 2020, unless I start shooting them a lot more. :)

Top Bottom