• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    What trouble's me most about that are the 2 very small kids running around just behind the tree in what looks like the line of fire if that chain would ever snap.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    What trouble's me most about that are the 2 very small kids running around just behind the tree in what looks like the line of fire if that chain would ever snap.

I noticed this too. What a bunch of total morons. That is a big tree for anything short of a maybe a bulldozer to pull down.

The two morons that got nailed by the chain when it snapped deserved everything they got, too bad they won't learn anything from it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What could *possibly* go wrong? :laugh:

I kept wondering....what will they do with that thing if they should bring it down?

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I'm surprised the tree didn't fall down laughing at them.

And I was sort of impressed with that car. I didn't think it would last through that many donkey kicks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    HILARIOUS...

You know the car would have gotten out of the way if the tree did start coming over... Right? Wait... probably not you say?? Good thing they didn't manage to pull it over.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I noticed this too. What a bunch of total morons. That is a big tree for anything short of a maybe a bulldozer to pull down.

The two morons that got nailed by the chain when it snapped deserved everything they got, too bad they won't learn anything from it.

It would take even a large dozer a few hours to get that tree out. My brother paid a very experienced operator with a CAT D8 to come dig out some stumps in his yard and along a field. We only watched them do the stumps in the yard but 2 stumps less than half that size took him almost an hour and we had left a good 6-7 feet of trunk so he could raise the blade and get some leverage to help pry it up. Trees are very resilient. The only thing that this tree has going for it is the weight of the canopy. An operator could use that to his advantage and once he's dug up enough of the root-ball if he can get a good lean on the tree he could probably get to go over. But what's the point? There is a reason people pay tree-cutters and stump-grinders to do tree removal. It's the best method in most cases...

Top Bottom