• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Let all the .45 guys not forget the crossroads mall shooting. Where a crazed guy went down several times got back up and still was being crazy.
    He was using Winchester STX 230 grain IMO that was the issue if you watch the video the guy was not bleeding out quickly I would assume over expanding and shallow penetration.
    I would bet lunch 230FMJ would have stopped it in two rounds!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    There is no magic bullet. only skilled shot placement

very true TT......just read a story of a cop that hit a guy in the femur at 80y with a HP 45ACP and it shattered it......good for the shop owner....anyone walk in to my place with a mask on would get the same....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That's for damn sure! :yesway:
    I don't know if good guy was skilled, or lucky, or both. I'm gonna go with both judging from the video, and that's not to take anything away from GG, he knew what to do in the ****ty situation handed to him, and he did it well. Considering dead turd, and most likely the other turd, already had guns drawn, I know I would feel very lucky to have escaped unharmed from that situation.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Yeah we all know about shot placement he put 6 rounds into the guys chest and back.
    The crazed immigrant got up three times while a very well trained guy shot him.
    I still continue to believe that some of the ashtray sized hollow points over expand and under Penetrate.
    Look at the police departments that are switching away from the .40?

I still consider the 230 FMJ as a viable defense round after all it's final wound Channel size is .45 !
    Two holes to bleed out of is more better than one!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

This is what you read again when you think that .45 is the end all and be all.

https://www.policeone.com/police-he...ne-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

I slowed this down in a video editor to try to figure out how many shots the perp and store clerk got off. I decided to throw it up, in case someone else would like to see in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09ztHytAX8&feature=youtu.be

It looks like there is a place where the thumb is manipulated. It could be a tactical reload, but happens off screen. Pure speculation though. I think I counted 8 rounds, but the 20 fps interlaced source loses a bunch of info.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Shot placement possibly.

OI heard on Ingo that the .45 was an outdated caliber especially when fired from the outdated platform such as a 1911.

It's an old caliber, shot through an old gun that's carried by old fuds. But, damned if it can't be wonderfully effective when that old fud knows what he's doing. :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is what you read again when you think that .45 is the end all and be all.

https://www.policeone.com/police-he...ne-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

I slowed this down in a video editor to try to figure out how many shots the perp and store clerk got off. I decided to throw it up, in case someone else would like to see in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09ztHytAX8&feature=youtu.be

It looks like there is a place where the thumb is manipulated. It could be a tactical reload, but happens off screen. Pure speculation though. I think I counted 8 rounds, but the 20 fps interlaced source loses a bunch of info.

With The slow motion I seen that the showcase was the last thing the perf did.
    At first I though the gun on the right on the floor was dropped by the second perf.
    As many times I watched. I could not see to count any rounds being fired.

Where did you get the program that slowed down the video?

Top Bottom