How often do you buy/trade for a new (to you) gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    By gun I mean hand gun or long gun, and by buy/trade I mean get a new (to you) gun into your inventory. I guess stealing counts but I really don't want to know about it.

In the last six months I've purchased three hand guns, and it seems I'm always formulating my next gun acquisition in my head. Got me wondering - how often do you add to your collection, be it hand gun or long gun? I wonder if averaging one new gun every two months is high, low, or average.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Well according to my wife, I buy way too many guns. I average maybe 2-4 in 6 months. That being hand guns and or rifles/shot guns. I am getting more than I really have room for. No, I`m not going to give any away :). I just wished I had holsters to fit all the hand guns.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I buy a new one whenever I save up enough money for one. I trade whenever I see a deal I like. Though I never trade my hunting guns, and have no plans on getting rid of my EDC Glock 23.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For me, it kind of depends. Mostly, it depends on how expensive the next one on the list is...the more expensive, the longer it is before I buy.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    It's like everything else, I keep an eye out for deals on things I want, or on things I didn't know I wanted but fit a criteria. Sometimes it's 3 in a week, sometimes its 4+ months.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Im on limited funds and it seems I'm interrested in trying something new every 6 to 8 months so I'm constantly trading lol

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Every couple of months, I feel like I need something new. The bad thing is, the older I have gotten, the "newness" wears off quicker, and I then need something new. I'm there right now.

Last edited:

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I was buying/trading for a new gun every 2-3 months. Although, that has come to a drastic halt now that I am saving for a wedding. Luckily, accessories and reloading supplies have been constantly flowing in.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm one of those odd ball guys, I don't continuously look for the next gun. I bought a handgun early this year, and that is the last one I've bought. I don't buy stuff I don't have a need for, so sure, there are lots of cool guns I'd take if somebody gave it to me, but I'm not going to spend money on something I don't feel I'll ever "need". That's not saying I don't have a lot of stuff, just I'm not always looking for deals on guns. Plus.....I bought a lot of guns when I was younger, and they were cheaper.:):

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm satisfied with what I have.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I have a VERY easy time finding reasons to justify a new purchase. But I find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to find reasons to part with one. Must be a virus or something!!

I'd say the only things that limit me are, in order of importance:

1) Availability of funds.
    2) Storage space. Of course #1 factors in here. I could store more guns if I had a larger safe but to buy the safe I'd have to pass on a gun or two.

Such a difficult world we live in! Sigh...

Top Bottom