• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I usually go out to shoot a few times a year. Ammo price does not bother me as much as not having the time. Also it is nice to have someone to go with and bs while out. I haven't gone near as much as when my stepfather was alive. I can't believe this April he will be gone for 10 years. Man where has the time gone??? I can go out in the back yard and fire off a few rounds to test out something.

Kind of strange I have never been to an indoor range. I guess they seem to be busy and I can't see paying to shoot. I shoot for free around here except for the ammo. I really need to make the time this year to go out and enjoy.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Despite my earlier post, my son and I went shooting today. Went to Midwest's Elkhart range. That place was hopping!

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I actually got to shoot today! It was only 20 rounds to test a couple of loads, but the sun was out and I enjoyed the little bit of time that I had. I used to shoot 1-2 times per week. Even if it was just on a lunch break. Unfortunately, business has demanded a lot of time this past year, so I am lucky to get out once every few months. I am going to try to fix that this spring.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't shoot nearly as much as I used too due to laziness. Can't stand the cold weather any more and dislike indoor ranges. Have plenty of places to shoot. I belong to Linden CC and have two sons and best friend that all live in the country so can shoot when I want. Son and I have plenty of ammo, many firearms to shoot and do intend to shoot more this summer. Probably only shot 3 or 4 times this winter.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    When the weather breaks in spring (finally shoot outside) I shoot skeet and/or trap one night and bullseye 1 or 2 nights during the week. Sometimes a little more bullseye before heading to Camp Perry in July. On the weekends I shoot some local competition (cowboy, steel, shotgun, silhouette, USPSA) at least one of the days. I guess normal would be 4 or 5 times a week. I remember one year when there were some extra benefit shoots, I shot 7 days in an 8 day period a few times. We were shooting skeet twice a week then too.

In the fall and winter things slow down. I shoot PPC and bullseye during the week. Occasionally a little extra practice on the weekend. Right now I've been shooting 3 times a week, 4 on weeks when I need to get out of the house a little more. I enjoy shooting. And besides, everyone can't all be on the golf course.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I probably average around 1x per month or less, but it always puts a smile on my face! More in summer and less in winter!

Parabellum is a nice range and I just did a couple of training classes there with Coach from Bright Firearms Training that I really enjoyed and I got a lot out of them. I have been e-mailing Parabellum to set up more of these, but they are not showing up yet! I have friends at work who would attend this training, so I am thinking there is good demand for it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    When I'm home I shoot almost daily. Usually only a round or 3, on occasion more. Only shoot outside, and unlike most I shoot way more when its cold. Of course, my range is right out the back door and I can shoot out to 200 yards. Would like to shoot further but the terrain won't allow it.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Only manage to get out once a month if I am lucky...work to much and when I do get a day off I just want to relax. Getting old sucks.

Mossberg84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Been twice this winter to Applied Ballistics and would like to get out more once the weather is nice. Need to get a membership to Linden conservation club or the crawfordsville gun range on 47 if its still open, need to check into that.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I thought I had responded to this thread earlier, but it seems that I didn't.

anyways, I shoot about once every 30-45 days, and a little less in the winter. I've been lucky to make friends that own land (or their family owns land) near Bloomington. I used to go to Atterbury a bit - I like the range, but driving 75 minutes was getting old.

Trust me, I'd love to go weekly, but family/school/job are priorities at this point

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I usually get to shoot weekly but weather and work has limited my shooting time lately. It's been about a month since I last went to the range.

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Almost every day. Have a 50 yd range at my back door. Need to take out some trees to make it a 200 to 300 yard range.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Over the winter, maybe 1x a month at TWAW if I wasn't too busy instructing/RSOing. Went to the outdoor range today and blew a box of 9mm. I got a good lesson in what a stiff wind will do to your bullet though.

Top Bottom