• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm finally pulling the trigger and making a SBS out of my 12 gauge double barrel. It's a Stevens 5100, and I'm pretty excited for it.

However, I'm not sure how short to make it. I'm trimming off the buttstock, and cutting the barrels down, and I would love to make them REALLY short, but I still want to be able to shoot it one handed without breaking that hand...

So how short is too short? Are 9" barrels manageable? I'm not recoil sensitive, but I don't want it to become something that just sits on the safe. Any recommendations?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I cut my O/U down to 12 3/4" so I didn't have to mess with the fore grip. Still have the full stock on it. With birdshot it is a single-handed abuser.

Need to play with it a little more to see if I can get used to it. 12 ga instead of 20 might have been the culprit. Some people use the tiny shotshells as well, but I wanted the full thing.

If you ever make it to the Grant county area let me know and I will let you run some shells thru it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Go watch the movie "killing them softly" with brad pitt. Perfect shotgun barrel length lol
    6hhzde.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom