• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm finally pulling the trigger and making a SBS out of my 12 gauge double barrel. It's a Stevens 5100, and I'm pretty excited for it.

However, I'm not sure how short to make it. I'm trimming off the buttstock, and cutting the barrels down, and I would love to make them REALLY short, but I still want to be able to shoot it one handed without breaking that hand...

So how short is too short? Are 9" barrels manageable? I'm not recoil sensitive, but I don't want it to become something that just sits on the safe. Any recommendations?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I cut my O/U down to 12 3/4" so I didn't have to mess with the fore grip. Still have the full stock on it. With birdshot it is a single-handed abuser.

Need to play with it a little more to see if I can get used to it. 12 ga instead of 20 might have been the culprit. Some people use the tiny shotshells as well, but I wanted the full thing.

If you ever make it to the Grant county area let me know and I will let you run some shells thru it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Go watch the movie "killing them softly" with brad pitt. Perfect shotgun barrel length lol
    6hhzde.jpg

Top Bottom