How the heck did a newspaper get this info??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    They're publishing the name and address of the local editor. They should be publishing the names and adresses of Gannet's board members and the executive team.

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Journal News President/Publisher:
    —Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Lane Mamaroneck, NY 10534 (914) 694.5204

Editors:
    —Cyndee Royle, 1133 Westchester Ave., Suite N110, White Plains, NY 10604, 914-694-9300
    –Nancy Cutler 9 Woodwind Ln, Spring Valley, NY. (845) 354 3485

Parent company of The Journal News Gannett
    —–CEO Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759 5954

The reporter on the story is:
    –Dwight R Worley 23006 139 Ave Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527 0832

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've heard stories of citizens that were outed by the original article receiving hate mail and death threats (as, I'm sure, the people responsible for publishing the article have). While I certainly don't mind letting those responsible know how we feel, I was entertaining the idea of writing letters to the people that were put on the map.

Could you imagine getting all kinds of hate mail and then finding a letter from someone that said "Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the injustice you've suffered. Just know that there are others out there that think you're very smart for taking steps to defend your family. Keep your head up!"

Thoughts? :ingo:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The media is not about reporting news any more, it is about creating the most bang for the buck. In todays competetive media market they have to do something to stand out among there peers. This is why there is so much misinformation out there.

They don't want to risk being "scooped" by a competitor so rather than spend 30 minutes researching a story they'll go with it until somebody calls them on it, then they post the "apology" and move on to the next soundbite.

Unfortunately I'm guessing the typical American now-a-days is only interested in the soundbite and not the facts.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The media is not about reporting news any more, it is about creating the most bang for the buck. In todays competetive media market they have to do something to stand out among there peers. This is why there is so much misinformation out there.

I completely disagree. The media is filled with liberal activists, trying to impress Obama and friends with their willingness to act as a foot soldier for the Democrat party. The media in this country is the cancer that is leading the way towards our destruction (i.e. helping Obama get re-elected). They think they are enlightened, and of course like all liberals, they know what is best for us! Elitist pigs.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    So; if all the gun-owning households in the US who subscribe to the Gannett publications across the nation would call the subscription departments of said publications, cancelling said subs and explain why; would they get the message? My guess is probably not since CTD and Dicks evidently didn't. But, at least it would give us the satisfaction of punishing their pocketbooks. I did this 12+ years ago and it was quite gratifying.

BTW, their website indicates the Indianapolis Star and USA Today as just a few of their numerous publications.

indygoat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Clermont, IN
    Newspaper Publishes Names and Address of Gun Permit Holders

New York newspaper faces backlash after publishing map of gun permit holders | Fox News

"You have just destroyed the privacy of these law abiding citizens and by releasing this list, you have equated them to that of sex offenders and murders," wrote another. "These are law abiding gun owners, they are no danger to anyone except for criminals. And with this information you have made them targets for both criminals and anti gun lobbyist who i am sure are going to treat them like monsters."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...lishing-map-gun-permit-holders/#ixzz2GArKrw68

My apologies for the repost:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w_the_heck_did_a_newspaper_get_this_info.html

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    New York newspaper faces backlash after publishing map of gun permit holders | Fox News

"You have just destroyed the privacy of these law abiding citizens and by releasing this list, you have equated them to that of sex offenders and murders," wrote another. "These are law abiding gun owners, they are no danger to anyone except for criminals. And with this information you have made them targets for both criminals and anti gun lobbyist who i am sure are going to treat them like monsters."

Read more: New York newspaper faces backlash after publishing map of gun permit holders | Fox News

I just seen this on the news...it is disgusting, I do believe this is only the start...I would invest in ammo because if they cannot get the gun control passed they will make buying ammo impossible.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Just sent Dwight and Janet a text

I would like to thank you for identifying those who may own guns, this information will give anyone who is lokiing to steal a weapon the targets they need. Also the locatons of those who are not able to protect themselves. Hope you can sleep well knowing that you have put people in jeopardy, both gun owners and non-gun owners.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Over on another forum, they've already printed the name, address, phone number etc, of the author of the article, as well as others in the chain of command.

I'd copy and paste it here if I was sure it wouldn't cause me trouble with the Moderators...??

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    No one likes being ostracized.... but I believe we should be demanding that anyone who has displayed any violent behavior and has been diagnosed with some mental incapacity, be identified just like a sex offender. Then you are actually listing possible offenders, not law abiding, rule following gun owners.

I'm stunned we haven't asked yet. Think of the children!!!!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Over on another forum, they've already printed the name, address, phone number etc, of the author of the article, as well as others in the chain of command.

I'd copy and paste it here if I was sure it wouldn't cause me trouble with the Moderators...??

The Sauce for the Goose link upthread has all of that info and more.

Top Bottom