• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It's a pretty cool video, but I don't know what makes it "Israeli," and I am betting that was a test shot, not a real battlefield engagement (for one thing, there are no other military artifacts in view...no soldiers or other people, no other equipment, nothing but a launch platform (with no people near it), a missile, and a tank).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The vid title includes Phosphorus...

Are we sure that's what it is? That kind of asplosion happens inside a tank with just about any piercing sabot round.

Note: I'm not saying that it's NOT a Willey Pete type of a round - just that it's not necessarily so.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The vid title includes Phosphorus...

Are we sure that's what it is? That kind of asplosion happens inside a tank with just about any piercing sabot round.

Note: I'm not saying that it's NOT a Willey Pete type of a round - just that it's not necessarily so.

One of the videos describes the explosions as fuel and ammuntion cooking off as the source of the flames.

But yes, VERY creepy. It was also creepy that it appeared that the missle flew off to the right of the tank and missed it. :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Appears wire guided. Not the best scenario for missile crew survival. Most designs moving to fire and forget. Difficult to believe 'willie pete' claim as it would just take up space in the warhead that could be used for more devastating payload like shaped charge hardware and explosives. If you achieve penetration of the armor, spraying the interior of a 'fully armed' tank with molten metal, it will create a similar result, no phosphorous needed. Must be how it felt to be in a Sherman during the two.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of the videos describes the explosions as fuel and ammuntion cooking off as the source of the flames.

But yes, VERY creepy. It was also creepy that it appeared that the missle flew off to the right of the tank and missed it. :dunno:

The appearance of the missile "missing" is due to the perspective of the camera lense, the compressing of distance by the lens, and mirage effect.

Appears wire guided. Not the best scenario for missile crew survival. Most designs moving to fire and forget. Difficult to believe 'willie pete' claim as it would just take up space in the warhead that could be used for more devastating payload like shaped charge hardware and explosives. If you achieve penetration of the armor, spraying the interior of a 'fully armed' tank with molten metal, it will create a similar result, no phosphorous needed. Must be how it felt to be in a Sherman during the two.

HEAT rounds is what I was trying to come up with in the above. High-Explosive Anti-Tank. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-explosive_anti-tank_warhead

I doubt a WP-type round would punch through tank armor. Guess that'd all depend on the tank and the round.

Top Bottom