• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Back in the days if a boy did'nt carry a pocket knife there was something wrong with him. It was normal. All the guys or most of them would have their rifles or shotguns like already been mentioned in the back window of their pick up trucks. None of this was abnormal at all. Boys did not get sent home for carrying a knife. Times sure have changed in so many ways. My grandpa in Ky when I was little used to let me hold his rifle and taught me to use a sling shot. I used to love going to his house cause it was in the country and almost anything went out there. :yesway: We used to shoot at cans and whatever we could find and make home made traps for the wild game of which we never caught anything but it sure was fun trying. I was a tomboy for sure being the only girl with all those brothers.

Yep! My grandfather gave me my first pocket knife for Christmas when I was in 1st grade. A little Case XXX pen knife. I carried it all the time. Used to clean under my finger nails during class and no body thought a thing about it. There were even times when teachers would ask if someone had a pocket knife and would borrow it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Anyone remember when ding dongs came wrapped in foil? And banana flips? Beef jerky and blue diamond almonds both in a can, PBR was king and had pull tabs....everybody had a CB and a lame handle to go with it....country music was still country and came from Nashville. Now days the only real country comes from Oklahoma and Texas and can't be found on the radio or in Trashville.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I remember my Mom and I walking towntown to the only gun store we had so I could get myself a shotgun so I could go rabbit hunting. This was probably 1960-61, I was 10 or 11. Then we walked home with me carrying it [of course]. I had a friend who had a beagle and every afternooon after school we would walk the 8+ blocks to the edge of town to hunt rabbits. What a sight, 2 11 year olds walking down the street with hog leg shotguns being led by a beagle on a leash. Man, those were the days.
    In the summer we all had BB guns and shot pigeons off of all our neighbors houses and just left the dead birds laying in the gutter by the curb. No one ever complained.

Don't get me started on pigeons. We used to take our pellet guns out to the CO-OP grain elevator on the north side of Fairmount and shoot those big, fat, corn fed birds all day long. They were pretty good eating, too.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    In 1975 my Government teacher got permission and brought in a M1 Garand, Springfield 1903 and a US Army 1911 ( Remington Rand) for us to learn hands on. Today he would be put in jail and all over CNN.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    OOPS!

Back in the early 70's I had a Daisy double barrel shotgun style bb gun. Me and the neighborhood kids would shoot cans, model cars, and whatever else we could find right out in the street in suburban Denver. I was goofing around and took aim at the next door neighbor's brand new Chevy Blazer. I pulled the trigger thinking the safety was on...it wasn't. I can still see the back window shattering like it was yesterday. I thought I was dead. As it turned out all I got was a good lecture and had the gun taken away for a week. Nowadays the kid AND the parents would probably be arrested! :D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    12 years ago when i was in high school i had to do a report with vidual aids on somthing i knew about. i chose guns. i brought 6 guns stratght from my truck to the principals office. showed they were unloaded and walked down the hall to my class carrying 5 guns. (2 shotguns, 2 rifles, 2 pistols) both semi auto, pump, revolver, bolt action. noone really looked at me like i was crazy or got nervious.

i did my report and went and put my guns in the unlocked truck and finished school for the day.

today id get life for that. then it was no big deal

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I used to plink soda cans with a BB gun, have bonfires, shoot bows, & go deer hunting.

Today all of that stuff is illegal on the same exact plot of land that I grew up on. Land of the free, baby.
    icon9.gif

Top Bottom