• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Living in a small town, we have let the mail carrier know that if something is too big or heavy for her that they should just hold it and give us a call or leave a note.

The UPS driver has never said a word, just drops the stuff off with a smile!

jumbopanda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    The worst thing I ever did to my USPS carrier was ordering a 50lb box of sand blast media. It was hilarious because it came in a flat rate box that was too small for it, so the seller just forced it in and tied the box up to prevent it from falling apart. I was surprised USPS accepted it.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    This is how you frustrate the FedEx driver.
    101612_0302_zps08cb955c.jpg

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    every year I get my carrier a gift card for xmas, do you know all they really have to do is put a slip in your mail box to say you have a heavy container of mil at your local post office to pick up? My carrier from about 15 yrs ago did that several times and the post master said he could, but he retired and the new carrier is great if I know about when it's coming I try to watch for the mailman and help him, but he brings anything I order right to my porch:)

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I thought it was pretty clear that you can't ship ammo by USPS. Look in this chart for "cartridges, small arms":
    Appendix A

I think the Post Office has a lot of regs that are there to use only when they want to.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I thought it was pretty clear that you can't ship ammo by USPS. Look in this chart for "cartridges, small arms":
    Appendix A

I think the Post Office has a lot of regs that are there to use only when they want to.
    I think you have bullets confused with ammunition. Check them out if you are unsure what they are...

BTW, I have had ammo sent to me USPS before. I'm sure the seller didn't realize his mistake, and I said nothing, and it came just fine, years ago... There are a lot of things "prohibited" by USPS and most people don't even know it.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Appendix A

You aren't even supposed to ship things with batteries in them and every cell phone I've got has the battery in it still.

I looked in the driveway one day to see the carrier dragging one end of a large box on the ground. I went out to help and she asked what was in it. I told her was the turbo header, turbo down-pipe, charge piping, and front mount intercooler for my project car. To give you an idea of how heavy it was, shipped parcel post, $77.

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I think you have bullets confused with ammunition. Check them out if you are unsure what they are...

BTW, I have had ammo sent to me USPS before. I'm sure the seller didn't realize his mistake, and I said nothing, and it came just fine, years ago... There are a lot of things "prohibited" by USPS and most people don't even know it.

Nah, I'm not confused -- I just can't read.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Shear
    a: to cut off the hair from
    b: to cut or clip (as hair or wool) from someone or something; also: to cut something from <shear a lawn>
    cchiefly Scottish: to reap with a sickle
    d: to cut or trim with shears or a similar instrument
    : to cut with something sharp

: to deprive of something as if by cutting <lives shorn of any hope — M. W. Browne>

a: to subject to a shear force
    b: to cause (as a rock mass) to move along the plane of contact

intransitive verb
    : to cut through something with or as if with a sharp instrument

chiefly Scottish: to reap crops with a sickle

: to become divided under the action of a shear

Sheer

Adjective:Nothing other than; unmitigated (used for emphasis): "she giggled with sheer delight".Adverb:Perpendicularly: "the ridge fell sheer".Noun:
    • A very fine or diaphanous fabric or article.
    • A sudden deviation from a course, esp. by a boat.
    • The upward slope of a ship's lines toward the bow and stern.
    Verb:(typically of a boat or ship) Swerve or change course quickly.

Hope this helps.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I had my gun safe delivered to my house. It was about 1000lbs. A single guy had a lift gate truck. He had it off the truck and in the garage quick. I'm guessing it was not his first safe.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Ah heck, their all light weights anyways. I work in the delivery business and deliver anything ranging from 50 lbs up to 400 lbs. Not to mention many many stops per day. Some nights I can't even get back up off the couch. Let them earn their wages and it's completely fine if they want to grumble in the process.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the big brown truck or the little mail truck but hey, they signed up for that rodeo as did I in the business i work in. :patriot:

Top Bottom