• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    I am still waiting on my LTCH but have tried a couple holsters around the house. I have Tagua IWB and a nylon Blackhawk sportster. The Blackhawk is nice for using when shooting but want something nicer for EDC. For a full size handgun is there a way to CC that is better than others or do most OC? Does a better holster make big difference such as Kydex vs leather? All options are welcome and appreciated

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Holster makes a huge difference. Also don't forget a good belt. For inside the waistband you will want to buy your pants a size larger. Outside the waistband eliminates this issue. OWB does not automatically mean OC since all one has to do is untuck their shirt.

Look for a quality holster that stays open when you draw and reholster the gun. My IWB is a Comp-Tac Spartan, my OWB is a Hooch. I use either a BeltMan belt or a Wilderness belt.

I do have some Tagua holsters and belt. Not impressned. Nylon floppy holsters are the devil.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I recomend Leather over Kydex for any kind of CCW application. With the exception of the Blackhawk Serpa with the finger retention which is OWB Kydex has zero weapons retention and if you end up on your beck befor you get your wepon out with Kydex the gun usually comes out even with an IWB.

I have used and recommend Don Hume H715-m W.C.. I have used them off duty sarry for a SIG P220, Glock 27 and now for a S&W M&P 9 and M&P 9c.

H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $33.60 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I recomend Leather over Kydex for any kind of CCW application. With the exception of the Blackhawk Serpa with the finger retention which is OWB Kydex has zero weapons retention and if you end up on your beck befor you get your wepon out with Kydex the gun usually comes out even with an IWB.

:n00b: The kydex holsters I own all have excellent retention. The trick is to invest in a quality holster.

www.comp-tac.com

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/hooch_holsters/

www.ravenconcealment.com

www.crossbreedholsters.com

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I made a bad choice in listening to someone pick a holster for me because at the time, he just got out of the military and was actually new to the whole civilian carrying concept so he carried his Glock in a Bulldog holster OC. I bought an uncle Mike's the first time and realize my gun didn't really it it. The holster bulges out when I conceal carry and it was not good. When I instantly switched to the factory holster that came with my XDM, I realized Kydex was the way to go and bought a Blackhawk CQC and then later a Raven holster to conceal better.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    I carry my Glock 17 (same as a 22 just different caliber) in an IWB holster made by Highnoon (Hideaway Model). I got it used at McDonald's Guns for cheap. My only complaints are that I wished it had a forward cant, full sweat guard, and was designed for tucking shirts better. It looks like I might get their "Closing Argument" Model in the future, which seems like it would be a perfect match for what I'm looking for.

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    I contacted Hooch holsters. I think I like the IWB but might get one of each seems like more than one is better depending on clothing.

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011

I have used and recommend Don Hume H715-m W.C.. I have used them off duty sarry for a SIG P220, Glock 27 and now for a S&W M&P 9 and M&P 9c.

H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $33.60 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Two thumbs up for this post.:rockwoot:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I carry my glock 22 in one of three ways. I always wear my wilderness instructor belt.

I have an owb hooch holster
    I also have a Hooch holster setup for iwb with my TLR1S attached to the gun
    (Before I added iwb soft loops)
    IMG_0705.jpg

Hooch Holsters - INGunOwners

Or i carry it iwb in a Don Hume leather holster
    H715 - M.S.O. [H715-M.S.O. O.T.] - $39.70 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Top Bottom